Questions/Suggestions

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited July 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
K right now i have

Alpine CDA-9831-HU
MMC690 Polk MOMO 6x9s-100wRMS/200wPEAK 4ohms
MM455 Polk MOMO Component Set 5.25's-150wRMS/250wMAX 4ohms

now im gettin a alpine cda-9833 which is 23wx4/50peak in a couple months.. so im kinda wonderin how i should wire these right now i also got a Hifonics z440 which is an older style of there amps an the watts on that is 110wx4 (says on the amp) but i think if u bridge it, its like 220wx2 im un sure of the ohms and whats thats just what ive picked up on a few webpages cause it doesnt say anything about the watts in the booklet. i want 1/0Gauge wiring and im also gettin maybe 1 or 2 caps just need some help on what i should get an how to wire them.

for the subs i got 2 MM12's 500w/1000w
and im gettin a US Amps 1000 which is pumps out 1000w bridged to the mm12's.. so any help or suggestions on what to do will be well appericiated thanks polkies! if ur asking urself what the BLEEP is this guys question i just need to know how to wire the 2 amps to the mids and what will i need to wire them, i just know for quality im better off getting the 1/0gauge wiring. so there ya go :)
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2004
    also if anyone has seen poweredbydodge lately tell him get in contact with me or if u know his fords email thatd be cool to. thanks
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited July 2004
    what are the fuse ratings of the amp?
    id run 1/0 awg to where ever you are going install your amps
    from there, get a fused distrobution block and run 4awg to each amp
    you will also need a fuse within 18" of your battery as well
    www.knukonceptz.com is probably the cheapest place you will be able to find power wire...and its great quality as well...all the power wire in my truck is knukonceptz...good stuff
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2004
    The general rule of thumb is that you can never have to thick a power wire. However you can have to tight a budget.

That being said, determine how many amps you amplifiers will be sucking up at max. The best way is to add all the fuse on the amps. If an amp is fused at 50 amps then you can bet it will never need more than about 40, but its always best to err on the side of caution. If your amps use less than 60 amps then you can use 8 guage to that amp. 60-120 use 4 AWG, anything over 120 go with the 1/0 guage.

For my setup, I will be using 4 AWG from the battery then 8 AWG from the dist block to each amp. This is only because Im a cheap skate and its just easier and Ive already got 25' of 8 AWG from my existing setup and dont really want to re-run all the wires as well as buy the extra 4 AWG. For example, two of the amp Im considering getting, Crossfire VR404 & Crossfire VR401 (assuming I dont find a better deal before Radio Clinic gets them in stock by this weekend ) use more than 60 amps so the 8 AWG would be fine.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • beenthere
    beenthere Posts: 34
    edited July 2004
    This wire gauge chart link below shows current vs. cable length (total resistance increases with cable length), and is handy for sizing power cables. It's from Crutchfields' site but I've seen it at numerous audio websites.

Wire gauge chart for current vs. cable length