Amps:
RF 551S 2x140
RF 351S 2x90
RF 501bd 300W(4ohms) 600W(2ohms)

Speakers
Polk 6x9 MMC690
Polk MM6 components
(2) Polk MM104 subs

I keep changing and changing my system looking for the best set up. I want a system that is louder and clearer, as most of us want or maybe my ears are going deaf. I am going to upgrade my sub amp to a RF 1001bd amp to make better use of the power that my subs can handle. What else can I do to make my system louder? Should I change out the speakers or put in better amps? I think my 6x9's should be changed but what would be a better replacement?

Any help would be greatly apprciated.

thanks
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited July 2004
    youre not going to get much else out of your system short of adding subs and amps
    putting a bd1000 on those subs will probably blow them
    i had a bd1000 on my mm124s and they blew
    some sound deadening might help, but i doubt itll help as much as youre looking for
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2004
    If youre wanting the max decibels then youre going to have to do something like this.

First, the Polk MM6s are about as good as you can get when it comes to power handling and the 6x9s are also so you should stick with them.

You could add DB by upgrading your subs to a SPL type. The Diamond Audio CM3 offers the most bang for the buck. Their 10" will handle 500 rms and sell for around $$150-175. Get ya a couple of those and itll make a difference.

As far as amps go I will recommend Crossfire and MTX. Both are powerhouse amps with warehouses of output and both are dominating the DB Drag scene lately so there must be something to them.

If youre wanting to spend more than you should check out Kickers L7 series. They are around $300 each but can handle a lot and put out a lot.

If youre really wanting to spend more than you should check out the SPL daddy! The Orion H2! This monster will handle 2000 rms and is also dominating the DB scene. However it will cost ya around $800!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited July 2004
    how much are you looking to spend? cause to get louder and clearer from your current setup is gonna cost a lot; not quite as much for new subs as for new components though, so if you can handle more bass without more of the rest, then do that... if your components and 6x9's are already nearly overpowered, then it could get quite pricey...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs