I know this has been asked many times before but, they keep changing and

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited July 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I lost my bookmarks.

Where do you shop for audio gear?

I noticed that a couple of places have shutdown. carstereotime.com is gone and they had some of the best prices around. A few lesser known Yahoo! stores are gone too.

So where do you guys go?
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited July 2004
    friend has a shop.............

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • Jstas
    edited July 2004
    I have no local shops outside of the chain stores like Tweeter, Best Buy and Circuit City. So I'm kinda stuck with online retailers or discounters when it comes to getting the gear I want. So that was kind of what I was looking for. Links to decent online stores.

• bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited July 2004
    Suggestion: use bookmarks.yahoo.com and save them. Its saved me during many formattings of hard drives and a couple computer melt downs.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • Jstas
    edited July 2004
    OK this thread is getting off track. It's not about me saving my bookmarks. I didn't lose them on purpose or by accident. I lost them because the NT admin at work decided to reimage my machine over teh weekend and didn't tell me he was doing it. I lost alot of configuration files because of it and if I didn't backup my system on a regular basis, I would have lost many important finance and other work documents. I would have lost all the procurement records for a $1.2 million computer we just got it. Imagine trying to explain that to your boss.

So please, stop telling me about everything else except what I asked for. I appreaciate the good ideas and I will most likely tell my girlfriend to use the Yahoo deal because it seems I have to rebuild her machine once every two months. It'd be alot easier than trying to backup and catalog her bookmark files.

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited July 2004
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited July 2004
    Originally posted by Jstas
    OK this thread is getting off track. It's not about me saving my bookmarks. I didn't lose them on purpose or by accident. I lost them because the NT admin at work decided to reimage my machine over teh weekend and didn't tell me he was doing it. I lost alot of configuration files because of it and if I didn't backup my system on a regular basis, I would have lost many important finance and other work documents. I would have lost all the procurement records for a $1.2 million computer we just got it. Imagine trying to explain that to your boss.

So please, stop telling me about everything else except what I asked for. I appreaciate the good ideas and I will most likely tell my girlfriend to use the Yahoo deal because it seems I have to rebuild her machine once every two months. It'd be alot easier than trying to backup and catalog her bookmark files.

Well if you had known about my suggestion before this whole fiasco, you wouldn't have had to start this thread. Why have the posibility of the problem again? Sheesh, just trying to nip that potential problem in the butt.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • Jstas
    edited July 2004
    Why can't I ask the question out of pure curiosity?

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited July 2004
    www.carmedia1.com
    www.electronicscity.com

sounddomain will match everything ikesound has...and ikesound is cheaper than acaraudio...and sounddomain, as you know, is authorized
    so pretty much...if sounddomain has it...find it somewhere and get them to price match it
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited July 2004
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2004
    Mine have already been mentioned but I prefer SoundDomain.com and Crutchfield.com.

I could also see myself buying from MainStreetAudio.com in the future but Im kind of leary of them.

Oh and about those book marks, what you need to do is......just kidding :p
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited July 2004
    You guys got em all as far as I can tell. Also, honestly I have never bought online for car audio.
    -Jerry

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.