Polk SDA SRS 1.2 with Marantz AMP-10 question

Options
dirino
dirino Posts: 2
edited 9:17PM in Vintage Speakers
Polk SDA SRS 1.2 with Marantz AMP-10 question

Answers

  • dirino
    dirino Posts: 2
    Options
    Could use some help here for I get conflicting answers while searching the web: I realize the Polk SDA SRA 1.2's need common ground amplifier(s). That being said, can I connect the Polk SDA SRS 1.2's to the Marantz AMP 10 (which is not a common ground amp) WITH the interconnecting cable between speakers CONNECTED..IF I use he BI-Amp modes on the Marantz AMP 10 without destroying either the speaker, the amp or both while still being able to listen to the SDA SRS 1.2's as they were designed to be listened to? I believe I can connect the SDA SRS's to an uncommon grounded amp IF I do NOT use the interconnect cable and they would simply become regular floor standing speakers. That defeats the entire purpose of the SDA SRS's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again, I'm getting "there is no way it could be done without using te specific adapter (unavailable) or make one...which, of course, I can't do. To: "Yes , you can safely do it if you place the AMP 10 switch in the rear in the bi-Amp mode" Thanks in advance!!
  • michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,209
    Options
    Correct, you can use a non-common ground amp as long as the IC cable is not connected. Just curious whether the interconnect socket is pin/blade or blade/blade.
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's