Out with the Panny UB9000
Options
Geoff4rfc
Posts: 3,050
in Electronics
After five years of flawless performance, the 9000 has given me playback issues over the last year or so. I replaced the video drive once and that fixed some of it but still had issues and wouldn't play certain 4K discs and some blu-ray. So, I finally fixed it lol. It's retired to the bedroom set up and now have the UB820, same video processor, just not the audio section of the 9000, don't need it anyway. The result??? The 820 plays everything I put in it, such a breath of fresh air.
Marantz AV10-Emotiva ERC3-Denafrips Venus-Panasonic UB9000-AudioQuest Power Quest 707-Emotiva DR3, DR2, XPA2, XPA6-Focal Kanta No2, Sopra Center-PolkAudio RTiA9, RTiA3, LSiM 702F/X-Epik Empire-11.2
Comments
-
You don't need the audio section of that Panny now that you have the Pontus. Surround sound was probably also better with your Marantz AV pre.See profile for rigs. Nothing else here.
-
No firmware updates for the panny?
My Oppo had several firmware updates, most to fix video issues with certain disc's.

