2 blown mm012s

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited January 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi, I own a pair of mm012s and I had them hooked up to an Autotek MX-1300 and I blew them about 3 weeks ago. They were in a .88 sealed box and i was pushing around 600 watts rms to each one with the gains down.
One of them doesnt even move at all. When I took it out of the box (after i blew it) it was smoking real bad and the whole speaker wouldnt move and it makes like a weird crunching noise.
On the other one, the positive terminal wire melted off and the coil is worn in on spots and ripped in a few other spots.
I was running the amp at 2 ohms.

My problem is, I read on this forum that you need the reciept to send them back in, however I did not get one from the discount site I ordered them on. I have ALL original packaging, sticker, manual and plastic warrenty sheet.

Ive E-Mailed the guy about 3 times and I havent gotten a response. I ordered them from http://www.gundersonaudio.com/ in December of 2000.

I love these subwoofers, however my question is, am I still able to send them in or am I stuck without them because Gunderson audio didnt give me a reciept for my purchase?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on