Panasonic SA-XR70????

Options
AintJoM0mma
AintJoM0mma Posts: 131
edited June 2004 in Speakers
Does anyone have any info regarding this receiver?????? How does it sound when compared to the SA-XR45? When is its release date? I wanted to buy one for my system.

What about the SA-XR45 and SA-XR50? How much better is the 50 than the 45? Is the 50 the 45's replacement?
I = NOOOOOOoooooo000b

Post edited by AintJoM0mma on

Comments

• Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited June 2004
    Options
    The SA-XR50 is the direct replacement to the SA-XR25. The SA-XR70 is the replacement for the SA-XR45.

Here's some information on the SA-XR70....

http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=18868399
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Google man google- tons of info.- what is with Panasonic for a reciever???
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited June 2004
    Options
    The buzz on the internet is that the Panasonic receivers sounds amazing, surprisingly, in 2 channel. These Panasonic receivers have a Texas Instrument-designed digital amp section that, when connected to the source via a digital connection, will keep the signal in digital form until the speaker output. Not so good if you are doing DVD-A or SACD due to the extra analog >>> digital >>> analog conversion. And despite their specs, 100 watts/channel @ 6 ohms, the Panasonic receivers actually match up very well to similarly-priced Yamaha and Onkyo HT receivers in terms of power output, according to a 3-way comparison test in Sound & Vision magazine.

A lot of people are also modding the heck out of these receivers....the detachable power cord is the first mod most people make. Boulder Cable Company actually offers mods on these receivers costing $700.00!!

I listened to the SA-XR25 for a little while when it was available at Circuit City....very impressive.

BTW, most mass market manufacturers now offer digital amps in some of their receivers....Sony ES, Yamaha, Kenwood, Pioneer, Sherwood, JVC, etc.... all offer digital amps in some of their receivers.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Yea, there is alot of chatter on AA about the digital amplifiers. I may pick one up to get some monkey love for the ears, just haven't had any time. I've heard the Sony ES line.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • AintJoM0mma
    AintJoM0mma Posts: 131
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Can you comment on the sony? I might get one, it will be powering my 2 Lsi9's, 2 Lsi7's, Lsic and SVS 20-39PCi. Theyre connected with IXOS wiring and also have a Toshiba (the miracle audio cd player). You guys like the system?
    I = NOOOOOOoooooo000b