Reserve series

I see the reserves have a big discount on them right now. Is there new speakers or refresh coming or is this just a normal sale?

LG C1 77 inch, AC Infinity T10, Denon AVR-3600H, Panamax MR4300, Panasonics DP-UB820, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, PS5, Xbox Series X, Polk Audio Signature S55, Polk Audio Signature s15, Polk Audio Signature s30, SVS PB1000 PRO x2

Budget Setup - https://images.static-bluray.com/htgallery/182210_full.jpg

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,248
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,469
    The Reserve line is frequently on sale at a discount but 30 percent off now is better than the usual discount and about as good as it gets. There is no word on a refresh of this line yet. I'm guessing maybe a cosmetic refresh in a couple years based on past practice.
  • mister_eff
    mister_eff Posts: 10
    edited October 9
    Is there any word on how long this sale will last? Is it only 2 days?

So tempting but I was hoping to jump in on the Reserve system for the holidays
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,419
    Big bold letters, Two Days Only
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mister_eff
    It doesn't say what the start/stop days are though.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,136
    If you think you might want them, I would order them sooner rather than later.

What difference does a day make in real terms?
    Alea jacta est!
  • mister_eff
    If the sale started yesterday, I'd have to make a decision in the next couple hours. If the sale started today, I could sleep on it.
  • F1nut
    It started 8.25 days ago.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Kex
    So maybe you have time, since 8.25 days is more than 2 days… 🤷‍♂️

This is what I sometimes call the HOG trade = “Hand Of God”.

If you want to sleep on it, they might be gone soon.

If they are gone too soon, maybe there will be another sale, or maybe they will be out of stock with no further price reductions, and maybe it was not meant to be.

How much of a stretch is your purchase?
    Alea jacta est!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,544
    edited October 9
    Polk has a 30 day return policy and they even pay shipping

Don't understand what the concern is

"within 30-days of your purchase from polkaudio.com, you are not completely satisfied, please click here to request a return. To get started, please enter the email address that was used to place the order and the order number that can be found on your order confirmation email.

We will provide a free return shipping label for all Polk products being returned. You must return the product to us in its original packaging and include all accessories. "
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mister_eff
    I'm sorry. I guess I'm just stupid and like to think on major purchases before pulling the trigger.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,544
    What more is there to think about them the fact you can try them in your house for 30 days and return them for free?

That is literal zero risk
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    I was joking about the 8.25 days. I've no idea when it started or ends. I would be nice if Polk posted the dates, but they've got some web designers that are not good at their job, IMO.

President of Club Polk

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,585
    edited October 9
    Try calling Customer Service & ask them. Good luck with your decision
  • Kex
    There is no wrong decision IMO.

These are great speakers according to all of those who have tested them. If you get them at a discount, that’s even better. If you don’t get a discount because you’re undecided and waited too long, they’re still worth every penny.

You’re not buying a dud, and as VR3 pointed out, you can return them for free within 30 days.
    Alea jacta est!
  • F1nut
    The "Two Days Only" verbiage is gone, but it appears the sale is still on.

President of Club Polk

• vid33nyc1
    vid33nyc1 Posts: 36
    The sale is still on. I just bought the R400, pair of R100 and a pair R600 from best buy. Wanted it from Crutchfield but they were running low on stock. I couldn't pass on this deal.

LG C1 77 inch, AC Infinity T10, Denon AVR-3600H, Panamax MR4300, Panasonics DP-UB820, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, PS5, Xbox Series X, Polk Audio Signature S55, Polk Audio Signature s15, Polk Audio Signature s30, SVS PB1000 PRO x2

• vid33nyc1
    And just for reference, on Abt it says all reserve speakers on sale until 10/20.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,651
    I'd buy a pair of R100, but even with the substantial price cut, they're still more expensive than I can rationalize. :(
    I guess I'll wait for the final clearance and take my chances -- probably not too far down the road. :(
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,680
    edited October 11
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I'd buy a pair of R100, but even with the substantial price cut, they're still more expensive than I can rationalize. :(
    I guess I'll wait for the final clearance and take my chances -- probably not too far down the road. :(

Yeah, that "sale" price on the R100 is still about $90 more than I paid for my R200 when they were offered with a forum discount back in 2021. I also remember a big sale in the Nov/Dec of 2022, which is when I grabbed a R300 center to go with them. That R300 was almost half the price they are asking for with the current "sale". I don't think I was paying attention to sales in 2023, but maybe there will be a bigger sale coming in a month or two?
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Kex

As a dumpster diving aficionado, with substantial success to your name, anything over $20 is going to have trouble meeting your rationalizing limits. 😜

But therein lies the dilemma for companies like Polk and Sound United.

Some quite knowledgeable — and reasonably sensible — people think that $500 is too much for a pair of excellent speakers. Polk has always been good at offering performance at a price point.

Others will more readily pay Sonos $800 for an “Immersive Music Set” (2 x Era 300) or $1,000 for a “HiFi Set” (2 x Five). Or indeed, $1,000+ for an iPhone or a Samsung Galaxy. 🤔
    Alea jacta est!
  • vid33nyc1
    I have been buying polks for years and the price to performance is great. I dont have an issue with the reserves price.This is what they are known for. With everything on sale I saved 900 bucks. I feel good.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,651
    billbillw wrote: »

Yeah, that "sale" price on the R100 is still about $90 more than I paid for my R200 when they were offered with a forum discount back in 2021. I also remember a big sale in the Nov/Dec of 2022, which is when I grabbed a R300 center to go with them. That R300 was almost half the price they are asking for with the current "sale". I don't think I was paying attention to sales in 2023, but maybe there will be a bigger sale coming in a month or two?

Ditto re: the R200s. At that "reviewer" price, they were an exceptional value.
    For the record, I have rather more than $20 invested in the real loudspeakers at the house.
  • vid33nyc1
    And just to sweeten the deal if you enter code POLKWELCOME10 on the site you get an extra 10% off. So even more saving