R.I.P. Pete Rose

F1nut
F1nut Posts: 50,428
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,337
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,818
    Sorry for his family.
    Now they can let him in the BB HOF.
    Stopped being a fan after he ran over Ray Fosse.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 650
    edited October 1
    RIP Charlie Hustle...
    Post edited by SeleniumFalcon on
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,192
    edited September 30
    A friend of mine was a pitcher for the Reds when Rose was the manager. We went to visit him in ‘89 when all of the betting allegations were going on and security was so tight, we only got to go in the clubhouse briefly before the game. But…when we walked past his office, he was on the phone. We’ve always joked that he was on the phone with his bookie placing a bet.
    Too little too late as far as the HOF is concerned IMO.

RIP Charlie Hustle
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,449
    Get that man in the HOF…

RIP to one of the all-time greats.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,121
    edited October 1
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    You selling Pete Rose?
    😜

I very rarely start a thread and my inexperience is showing isn't it. Perhaps a moderator could move it to where it belongs or maybe not.
    Yesterday was an especially bad day losing both him and Kristofferson; may they both rest in peace.
    Post edited by SeleniumFalcon on
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,359
    He should have been in the hall of fame long ago.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    I always hated the treatment he got from MLB, RIP
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 650
    Listened to a radio interview with Johnny Bench this morning. Although Mr Bench deeply cared for his lifelong friend, in the interview he was highly critical of Pete.

Rather than talking about the on field
    achievements of one of the greatest baseball players of all time. Instead the conversation is always dominated by the lifetime ban that he received for gambling on baseball.

You could hear the pain that Mr Bench undoubtedly felt. The fact that Pete brought this upon himself and there was nothing he could do to help him out.