Revisiting a concert.

audioluvr
audioluvr Posts: 5,569
Just random "Hey I remember when..."

I'd never heard of this group until I went to this concert. Don't think I've ever heard or played them until now.

4iiiyn6a6rps.jpg
Gustard X26 Pro DAC
Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,564
    How did you possibly avoid this song twenty years ago?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 7,010
    VR3 wrote: »
    How did you possibly avoid this song twenty years ago?

Just lucky, I guess.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,564
    Bros an ostrich
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,591
    One of the songs when it came out. They wore it out
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,591
    So. How was the concert ? I don't know much about Train but seems to have a few good songs out
  • audioluvr
    It was excellent best I can remember. I replayed the album last night which was surprisingly similar to the concert. Some groups are as good or better live than recorded.

Tonight I'm going to revisit Alvin Lee and Ten Years After. I saw him in a college town bar back in the early 80's when I was attending ISU. Great guy. Sat down afterwards and had a couple beers with us.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    Alvin Lee, NOW you're talking 👍💪💥🤗
    Sal Palooza
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,337
    audioluvr wrote: »
    I saw him in a college town bar back in the early 80's when I was attending ISU. Great guy. Sat down afterwards and had a couple beers with us.

Where's this ISU you speak of?

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,255
    Alvin Lee, NOW you're talking 👍💪💥🤗

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhRWcUUbXRo

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • jmwest1
    jmwest1 Posts: 13
    This brings back memories for me also. I saw them in 2013 at Oracle Park in San Francisco as part of VMWorld. I knew who they were because of Meet Virginia and Drops of Jupiter. It was a great time. The opener was a band I hadn't heard of, Imagine Dragons.
    PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • audioluvr
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I saw him in a college town bar back in the early 80's when I was attending ISU. Great guy. Sat down afterwards and had a couple beers with us.

Iowa State University.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,337
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Iowa State University.

Gotcha. Since I live near Illinois State University, that is what came to my mind first.