Caught a deal on some Sennheisers

ChrisD06
ChrisD06 Posts: 929
So it seems that every now and then, usually Black Friday, Prime Day, and Cyber Monday, the Sennheiser HD 599SE go on sale for 52% off on Amazon. At least in Canada. But this means a $330 headphones becomes $160! (Canadian Dollars)

Anyhow after waiting for what I could swear was a year, I bought them this recent Prime Day. So much for saving up for a car. They came in about 1 hour ago as of writing this and I don't have much to say.

They're awesome! The soundstage and imaging is really good. It's wide, deep, and very detailed. The treble is very smooth and the bass is tight, even just being driven from my computer. After testing them with my 24-bit FLAC files, I can safely say these were worth every penny.

Of course, they do have some exaggerated mid-higher end bass, but I mainly use my computer for video games so this actually comes in handy.

Just figured I'd share my thoughts. Really happy right now, a much welcomed upgrade over the HD 559 I had (using mods from DIY-Audio-Haven). I highly recommend keeping an eye on these if you want a cheap-ish pair of open-back headphones that are comfortable, and sound good.