New (to me) speaker day!

halo71
halo71 Posts: 4,593
edited July 11 in Vintage Speakers
I found these a few hours away from me. I went and got the 4th July week. Very nice condition as well. Will need to find 2 MW6503's though. In the pic there are 6 Midwest drivers in the left speaker. The owner gave me 4 working 6503's that I have not installed yet. He said the tweeters are RD0198's. I have not pulled a driver to check. Can anyone confirm they are 198's?

So far I am very very pleased with the $1000 I gave for them.

frnsxr6wi8ms.jpg
0hxy36xxu5so.jpg
--Gary--
Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.

Comments

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,917
    edited July 11
    Nice find. You'd have to pull the tweeters and check the terminals.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,138
    Only way to tell is by looking at the connection tabs. 198's are two different sizes.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,302
    They could be 194’s. Based on the crossover plates, they are not TL’s so the tweeters should be the RD0194.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,425
    Those are the first gen sda srs
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,241
    Great album!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,112
    Damn nice score….
    Enjoy em for a bit then dive in head first with upgrades.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,443
    Still a great deal even for the original SRS version. For $1K you got six more tweeters than on a pair of run of the mill bookshelf speakers! :D
  • michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,182
    Is the interconnect socket blade/blade or pin/blade?
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • VR3
    The crossover plate is the give away, the 5 bolts between the handles
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,182
    That's unreliable, some SRS 1.2's were sold with the 13 bolt crossover plate. Easiest way to figure it out is if it has a blade/blade IC socket. If so, then they are 1st gen SRS since Polk never made a blade/blade SRS 1.2.
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,241
    Is the interconnect socket blade/blade or pin/blade?

I asked him that question in a PM response. I have not heard back yet.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,681
    They look nice, congrats!
    They seem like an upgrade from the two speakers in the front there...
    :)
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,121
    edited July 12
    Wether or not they are the original SRS’s or 1.2’s those tweeters should be 194’s..

I have 6503’s
  • VR3
    But if by some of chance they are 1.2 I would keep the tweeters as 198 and convert the crossover to the 1.2tl
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,593
    The IC is blade/blade.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • VR3
    Definitely first gen

I have heard the first gen decked out and they can easily hang with a set of decked out 1.2tl
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,917
    VR3 wrote: »
    Definitely first gen

I have heard the first gen decked out and they can easily hang with a set of decked out 1.2tl

Can they be "Monolithed"? B)
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • VR3
    edited July 16
    For a small mortgage loan maybe

Some of those values on the first gen in a duelund cast or jdm would be more then some mortgage payments