What's in Your Garage?

DaveHo
DaveHo Posts: 3,493
Not a car gloat. I'm sure I don't have the most glamorous garage, but I like it! Ours is extra deep so I have room for a nice configuration. Plenty of room for tools, two cars, and a usable workbench. Have a tv for watching the Phillies, a sink, and a small fridge. The speakers are a pair of ADC- 303AX that I picked up a yard sale 25+ years ago. Still going strong. Works for me!

Post some pics!

yvxa0z1y1h2p.jpg
isulji3epa57.jpg
ygyotfuqi27p.jpg
jif5dwf3t5yo.jpg
1rwo9bc2jw0h.jpg
syf3av4a17lx.jpg

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,933
    I'm 40 years old and I don't have a garage. :'(
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,528
    No garage 😭
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,636
    Me
    Sal Palooza
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    Me too. When you're not there.

= I = am the reason for missing tools and trimmer line that disappears too quickly. But not socks. That's another guy who does the socks.
    I disabled signatures.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,113
    Single car garage here. In the summer the boat stays in there. In late September the boat moves outside under cover and the truck stays in there till it's boating season again. I don't bother with a stereo in there any more but I have had a pair of stacked Mcintosh ml1c's driven by Luxman electronics.
    chk6zpn3b91k.jpg
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited June 28
    I think I posted pics years ago, but it hasn't changed, 28'X26', leaves about 10' behind the cars for the 14' workbench. TV is just for controlling the main system in the house, that these speaks run from. Probably change it to a flat panel, if this set ever dies, but no real need, I only listen to music out there.

Just scrubbed the winter dirt off the floors last weekend, a bit late, but I'm having knee issues.
    Built the addition/garage myself. As you can see, I don't like clutter.

zfufee7ydo0o.jpg
    z5dj7c7fetcp.jpg
    jv6773ah9fjs.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,296
    You're lucky to have a drain. One cannot legally have a drain here.😞
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,638
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

So how do you get rid of your used motor oil?
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,113
    OleBoot wrote: »

in8g97dlks9w.jpg

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,366
    edited June 28
    msg wrote: »
    Me too. When you're not there.

= I = am the reason for missing tools and trimmer line that disappears too quickly. But not socks. That's another guy who does the socks.

You are one of those “Take the jocks, leave the socks” types?😂😂🥹
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,636

in8g97dlks9w.jpg

Well, now we know who's responsible for global warming ! 🥸

Sal Palooza
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 741
    His and Her’s ..😂

rmjkh4djna95.jpeg
    PS Audio S300 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Salk SuperCharged Songtowers , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Ascend Acoustics ELX Ribbon Towers , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN system

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO
  • pitdogg2

Throw it in the street, duh....
  • WilliamM2

That's odd. Here it is required, or the floor must slope out the overhead door. Either way the water ends up in the ground. Where does water go in yours?
  • pitdogg2
    WilliamM2 wrote: »

That's odd. Here it is required, or the floor must slope out the overhead door. Either way the water ends up in the ground. Where does water go in yours?

Yes, ours all slope to the door.
    The reason for no drain here is due to oil and antifreeze contamination to the sewer system
  • OleBoot

Into his family room.
  • OleBoot
    gyosa wrote: »
    His and Her’s ..😂

rmjkh4djna95.jpeg

That garage is worth more than my house.
  • WilliamM2

Yes, ours all slope to the door.
    The reason for no drain here is due to oil and antifreeze contamination to the sewer system

That explains it. My floor drain is not connected to a sewer system, it has it's own small drywell next to the garage. I'm surprised it never backs up, even when cleaning the floor, with a hose running for 2-3 hours straight. It just goes into the ground. It's not allowed to be connected to the main septic.

It was the same when we lived in town and were connected to the sewer system. the garage drain was separate.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    I want to share my garage(s) but, it's 2400 total square feet and a complete shambles full of old Fords, tools scattered about with various projects in different stages of completion, a backhoe and lots of spiders.

So it's not all pretty and organized like everyone else's here but at least I don't have to worry about messing up the walls or floors or anything!

But....

Soooo many spiders.

Like, everywhere.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,129
    edited June 28
    Jstas wrote: »
    I want to share my garage(s) but, it's 2400 total square feet and a complete shambles full of old Fords, tools scattered about with various projects in different stages of completion, a backhoe and lots of spiders.

So it's not all pretty and organized like everyone else's here but at least I don't have to worry about messing up the walls or floors or anything!

But....

Soooo many spiders.

Like, everywhere.

Get some "BENGAL" bug spray asap. I've been killing spiders with it for years.

It's like a fogger in a can. A little goes a long way. The residue will help kill other spiders that get in or are born from the balls that look like little cotton balls.

Your garage WILL become spider-free quickly.

msuiz3mg67f2.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,933
  • msg

Throw it in the street, duh....

I cook with the oil. Antifreeze for smoothies.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    ao6pio8mwbo5.png
    What'siss?
    Do you ever get the Toyotas mixed up?
    I disabled signatures.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,493
    As you can see, I don't like clutter.

Me neither, but I don't have a shed so I do what I can. I've got a lot packed in there, but it's not too bad other than the stack of miscellaneous stuff in the back right corner.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,366
    I have to go look, but I think I might have some classified documents in there, stuffed in a couple boxes under a canoe
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    DaveHo wrote: »
    As you can see, I don't like clutter.

Me neither, but I don't have a shed so I do what I can. I've got a lot packed in there, but it's not too bad other than the stack of miscellaneous stuff in the back right corner.

Dave, your thread was doomed from the start for how clean and organized it is. For me to post photos of mine, I'd have to go back to when I first bought my house and had everything completely emptied out and was epoxy coating the floor.

I'm actually heading out now to begin my purge.

I disabled signatures.
  • WilliamM2
    edited June 28
    msg wrote: »
    ao6pio8mwbo5.png
    What'siss?
    Do you ever get the Toyotas mixed up?
    1993 Kawasaki ZX-11D, bought it brand new.
    p7hgxceluawl.jpg

Sold it a couple years ago... :'( Here she is leaving:
    q80icirmmfto.jpg

Never have mixed up the Toyotas. Mine has different wheels and a sunroof. Plus she's so short, I can't even fit in her car without moving the seat back a foot.

• OleBoot
    Tony M wrote: »

But....

Soooo many spiders.

Like, everywhere.

It's like a fogger in a can. A little goes a long way. The residue will help kill other spiders that get in or are born from the balls that look like little cotton balls.

msuiz3mg67f2.png

And for roaches, I always use this.

34r8f8kthl8m.png

• msg
    Woh! ZX-11! That thing was pristine!
    I remember when those came out. I liked the ZX-7 from that era in Kawasaki racing green. Right @Geoff4rfc ?

Our training school MSGT had a ZX-11 in black. Dude was like the Hulk. He liked to tell this one story about when he was roped into court after getting pulled over with a couple of other guys who were ripping it up the road, busted out of the main gate.

"Your honor, I ride a ZX-11. If I'd been speeding along with those other guys, I wouldn't have been at the back." :D>:)
    I disabled signatures.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,129
    edited June 28
    Tony M wrote: »

But....

Soooo many spiders.

Like, everywhere.

msuiz3mg67f2.png

And for roaches, I always use this.

34r8f8kthl8m.png

BENGAL...

KILLS INDOOR PESTS: Our innovative bug spray kills the insects you see, and the ones you don’t. Bengal Gold Roach Spray flushes and kills roaches, ants, mosquitoes, crickets, spiders and more.

I haven't used the GOLD Bengal. I haven't seen it in Lowe's H. I.. I just saw on Amazon...
    The Gold Roach Killer, 11 oz, Can, Viscous Liquid, Mild Ethereal, Spray

Reg. Bengal is a dry spray/fogger style.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.