Belles 22A Inputs

Options
xsmi
xsmi Posts: 1,798
On my Belles 22A pre, only 2 of the five inputs seem to work. I contacted Belles back in February and they never got back to me. So, I think I'm going to open it up. Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for, besides loose wires? Thanks
2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,652
    Options
    20hpz1t9jtwn.png

Doesn't look like a wire could be the problem.
  • xsmi
    Options
    Hmm, solder joints maybe?
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,141
    Options
    Depends on how it changes inputs. There are sometimes relays and such at work that can go bad

But holy circuit board batman!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • xsmi
    Options
    Any way to test?
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,460
    edited April 30
    Options
    My 21A had the same problem. The relays fail. I had Hi-Tech Audio replace all of them with better quality ones.

PM me and I'll shoot you a copy of the receipt.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,880
    Options
    The white blocks are the relays. Spec info is printed on them. Sounds like you should upgrade all of them to whatever audioluvr's tech used.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• xsmi
    Options
    Thanks.
  • xsmi
    Options
    I count 9, correct? And which numbers are important for the replacements?
    6pqhfvka5q0u.jpeg
  • F1nut
    Options

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• xsmi
    Options
    Thank you sir!
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Hopefully that solves it. If not, check the power supply caps and such. Get out the magnifying glass and look around the bottom of the board too. Cold solder joints are common on the board mounted RCA jacks. I've had to fix quite a few over the years. Anything that doesn't look smooth and shiny could be suspect.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • F1nut
    Options
    xsmi wrote: »
    Thank you sir!

While you are in there with the solder gun warmed up replacing all of those nasty Dayton/Bennic caps would be an excellent idea. Seriously.

President of Club Polk

• xsmi
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    xsmi wrote: »
    Thank you sir!

While you are in there with the solder gun warmed up replacing all of those nasty Dayton/Bennic caps would be an excellent idea. Seriously.

Great minds, bro!