MOTOGP

Options
Geoff4rfc
Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,165
Anyone attending the MotoGP in Austin TX this weekend?
Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,471
    Options
    About 1500 miles from here to there. I'll go. I'm rolling the 316 backup bike outta the garage. Should be there in 3-ish hrs. I'm riding over with that dude that did the Colorado Run in 22 minutes. We are not GoPro'ing it.

Seriously though, that'd be a cool hangout. Never been to a MC race. Can you see the riders the whole time, or is the track so long that they disappear for a while?

Does it not get old being in the same spot the hole time? Or do you move around? The transporter who delivered my little 84 Subaru keeps a folding electric scooter in his truck for when he's at the tracks with his, brother's and son's Challengers, Mustangs, and Camaros.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,165
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    About 1500 miles from here to there. I'll go. I'm rolling the 316 backup bike outta the garage. Should be there in 3-ish hrs.

I hope to be on that track one day, as track day rider though, my competition days I fear are long behind me....pun intended lol.

yeah, you can move around for different views depending on the ticket you purchase, or you can plant it and watch a particular section.

I've seen that track, you really gotta be in shape for that one, 3.5 miles long, 20 turns, constantly flicking it side to side, and two nasty decreasing radius turns....contact is sure to be made in those....
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman