Road House remake

Options
IMO nothing can replace the original Road House, but this remake is pretty bad a s s. If you can look at it as a stand-alone movie and not compare it as a remake, it should be pretty enjoyable.
Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman

Comments

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,973
    Options
    Stumbled across it the other night, entertaining.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    IMO nothing can replace the original Road House, but this remake is pretty bad a s s. If you can look at it as a stand-alone movie and not compare it as a remake, it should be pretty enjoyable.

Geoff, my thoughts exactly. Some movies just shouldn't be remade, but I thought this was pretty engaging in it's own right, and didn't really think much about how it compared, I guess because it was enough of a departure, that, yes, it really could just have been it's own thing. I thought there were some neat details they brought in from the original that seemed a bit "homage", which was cool, but not so much as to make it a ripoff. Very nicely done imho.

@Hermitism mentioned it to me a couple of weeks ago. I didn't realize it was streaming for free on Amazon, and watched it on Friday, I think. He said he still won't be taking down the laminated Patrick Swayze posters on his ceiling. Not sure why he told me that, but I just said, "That's cool, dude," and he seemed happy.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Conner's character is a character.
    I disabled signatures.