Dominique Fils Aime - If you aren't familiar with her? You should be...

Options
treitz3
treitz3 Posts: 18,348
edited March 23 in Music & Movies
I accidentally stumbled upon this lady while either mowing the lawn or flying through new music. While it does not matter how I discovered her? What matters is that I did.

Very rarely do you have this combination;

Excellent recordings
Cool tunes
Great channel separation and mixing
Music that isn't compressed

I have listened to much, if not all of this ladies music and while everything she has recorded isn't audiophile grade? Most of it actually is. She actually has a song called, "Feeling Like a Plant" that I would normally skip just based upon the song title (sounds like something weird).......Yet, I find myself drawn into the music.

If you would like to try her out and see if she is for you? I would recommend these songs...

Birds
Where there is smoke

Just go from there and listen to an album in the sweet spot and you will most likely see what I mean. The entire production is a pleasure to listen too.

Tom
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
Post edited by treitz3 on

Comments

• dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    edited March 23
    Options
    You’re not kidding!
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,066
    Options
    Good stuff Tom. Thanks!
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 435
    Options
    “Birds” on the album “Nameless” is an amazing track. Excellently produced. Wonderful when streamed in high res, lossless.
    Great tracks.
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.