Monitor XT12...how do the speaker level in / out work exactly

Options
Hey
So I wanted to know what happens if I use the speaker level in on this sub, will the volume and crossover function normally, or is something bypassed inside?
I'm trying to connect a bigger sub to a soundbar and seems I could get the surround set for the soundbar which has it's own small amp with wired surround speakers. So my plan is to set this monitor xt12 between there, connect the little amp to speaker level input and continue from the speaker level output to the surround speakers.
I just have to be sure if the speaker signal passes normally to the speakers and this sub still uses it's own power and I can set the level and crossover point with it's normal controls. But it would also follow the general volume from what is sent to the surrounds.
Thanks for any info you can give.

Best Answers

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,510
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Yes, all the subwoofer's functions will operate as described and the signal sent to the external speakers is unchanged with a speaker level input. However, will the soundbar send any low frequencies via the surround channels? Usually the surround channels are not full range.
  • h_rauge
    h_rauge Posts: 2
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for quick the answer. Yeah, they might not be full range. Maybe I have to abandon the whole idea about another sub. But useful info anyway.