ISO Parasound HT amplifier (5+ channels)

Options
With my move to a 7.4.2 Atmos setup, I need to power the additional speakers. Looking for a nice Parasound multi-channel amp. Hoping someone has one sitting in a closet that they are looking to part with…
"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    Mission accomplished! Found a Z-12 on the semi-local (northern Nevada) classifieds and met up with the seller this morning - nice guy. He had 6 of the channels hooked up to a 5.1 computer desk setup, if you can believe that…!

This thing is a BEAST - bigger transformer than my Levinson even. I plan on bridging 8 channels to 4 to power the side and rear surrounds, and using the remaining 4 channels un-bridged for the 4 Atmos ceiling speakers…

aann8qx83wdj.jpeg

44gkztmrtc0x.jpeg

cmf6jrovtcbd.jpeg

m5biedefi35q.jpeg

w2moub73tte0.jpeg

"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,586
    Options
    Nice amp, never heard of one. Is it really only 50wpc? That looks like a beefy torrid in yours.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    I had never heard of the model either. It tipped the scale at 90lbs when I got it home. Rated at 50, but in practice closer to 75 - bridged rated at 100, but closer to 150 actual.

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn