Audio by Van Alstine 600R amplifier

Options
Gerres26
Gerres26 Posts: 863
edited March 12 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Up for grabs is my Van Alstine 600R amp. Never thought I’d let her go but I recently jumped on an opportunity for another amp that I’ve been on the hunt for so here we are. She’s in excellent shape both cosmetically and functionally. Those who have dealt with me before know I take care of my gear. Highly sought after amp for good reasons. I’ve had many nice amps come and go over the years and this one has bested all but one for me.

300 watts @ 8 ohms with the ability to drive loads down to 2 ohms. This is a hybrid amp that has two 12at7 tubes on the input side of things and mosfets for the output. The tubes have been upgraded to 1960s Brimar yellow T’s which took the musicality of the amp to another level. This amp has the ability to drive most any speaker while staying composed, and still sounding great while doing it. Leans just a hair to the warm side and has a way of being highly detailed but never bright or harsh.

The amp has a 2020 build date which was the last version of the 600Rs that Frank made. I have the original box and manual that came with it. Asking $1900. Cash is king but will do PayPal F&F if need be. Hoping for local pickup but may be willing to ship on buyers dime. Located in Maryland 21921

As a little heads up for folks who may be interested, I may be posting a nice tube preamp up for sale shortly as well…currently having a little shootout to see which I prefer in my new setup.

Danny
gezvz3ps0m2u.jpeg
1tq6090n33z3.jpeg
7f62bpb02apy.jpeg
9da4t9mawjud.jpeg
80lp2rja8ubs.jpeg

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,614
    Options
    Those are fabulous tubes!!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,080
    Options
    Very cool amp!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,986
    Options
    Very intriguing. Would love to hear it! A little too far from TX.

GLWS!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,963
    edited March 16
    Options
    GLWS...I may be interested in the tubed pre that may be coming...
  • Gerres26
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    GLWS...I may be interested in the tubed pre that may be coming...
    Sounds good, there has been another member show possible interest in it as well. Really hoping to sell this guy first though ….somebody has to be looking for an upgrade in their amp game. Don’t be fooled by the price, this is easily a step up for folks running stuff like Parasound A21, Rotel, B&K, and even McCormack 125 or 225. It was close but I actually preferred it to the Pass X250 I was running before this as well. Of course YMMV

Danny
  • Gerres26
    Options
    Quick little bump before posting this elsewhere this weekend.
  • Gerres26
    Options