Forum Rules Refresh - Please read

Options
RyanC_Masimo
RyanC_Masimo Posts: 27
edited February 29 in Forum Announcements
Hello everyone,
I hope you are all well. I will be spending the next few weeks going through the forum to help clean up the site from any content that breaks the established and refreshed rules of the forum. These rules are a refresher to bring attention to some of the ongoing issues that have been present on this forum for quite some time. Please read through these and if you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, you can always message me directly.

1. Respectful Conduct: Treat other users with respect and courtesy at all times. Do not engage in personal attacks, harassment, or discrimination based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or any other personal opinions or characteristics.

2. Stay on Topic: Keep discussions relevant to the purpose of the forum, which is audio-related topics. Unless noted otherwise such as our Clubhouse and other areas where the topic is not specifically Audio related. Avoid straying into unrelated subjects or spamming the forum with irrelevant content.

3. No Hate Speech or Offensive Content: Do not post any content that promotes hate speech, violence, or any form of offensive material. This includes but is not limited to racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise discriminatory content.

4. No Spamming or Advertising: Do not post spam or advertisements for products or services unrelated to the forum's purpose

5. Use Appropriate Language: Keep language clean and suitable for all users, including avoiding excessive profanity or vulgar language.

6. No Unauthorized Selling or Trading: Do not use the forum to sell or trade audio equipment unless explicitly allowed by the forum rules in the proper areas. Unauthorized commercial activities will be removed and the users banned. General guidelines for selling include having at least 100 meaningful posts on your account, and to take full responsibility for the gear you are posting on the forums for sale/trade. You must have a total post count of 100 (contribute to the other parts of the forum) before you can sell anything in the "For Sale (FS) Classifieds" or "Garage Sale" forums. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

7. Be Mindful of Privacy: Do not share personal information about yourself or others on the forum. Respect the privacy of other users and refrain from sharing private conversations without consent.

8. Moderator Instructions: Follow instructions given by forum moderators. If a moderator requests that you modify your behavior or remove certain content, please comply promptly.

9. Report Violations: If you encounter any content or behavior that violates the forum rules, report it to the moderators using the appropriate channels rather than engaging directly.

10. Multiple Accounts: Do not create multiple accounts or impersonate other users. Each user should have only one account.

11. Respect Forum Structure: Post content in the appropriate sections or categories of the forum. Avoid duplicating topics or discussions already in progress.

12. Keep Content Legal: Do not post or link to illegal content, including pirated audio files or software.

13. Feedback and Suggestions: Constructive feedback and suggestions for improving the forum are welcome. Please feel free to message me directly with any feedback or suggestions.

14. Consequences for Violations: Violating any of the forum rules may result in warnings, temporary suspensions, or permanent bans, depending on the severity and repetition of the offense.

By adhering to these rules, users can contribute to a positive and productive community within the Polk Audio Forum.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on