Need Subwoofer Plate amp. For Energy S12.3

Options
WilliamM2
WilliamM2 Posts: 4,713
edited February 21 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
I need a replacement amp for my Energy S12.3 subwoofer. I know it's a long shot, but if someone has the original OEM would be great. It's a 300 watt Bash amp.
Would consider comparable amps as well, especially the Bash 300s, which appears to be discontinued at Parts Express.

Here's a couple pics of the OEM amp:

hmkpg2srso8z.jpg
weqebeli4lyd.jpg

Hadn't listened to my main rig in a couple months, and when I did, no bass. Amp detects input and turns on, but no sound.

Can't see anything burned or obvious. I love this sub, and hope I can get it fixed.

Comments

• WilliamM2
    Options
    Appreciate the link. I had already contacted them. They have never worked on the Energy model. Plus the idea that they want $150 + shipping both ways to fix a $200 Bash 300S seems a bit high, with only a 60 day warranty.

That would be a last resort.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    Unfortunately repair work takes just as long on inexpensive items as expensive items. 150 is the bench fee for most repair shops
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    edited February 22
    Options
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    Appreciate the link. I had already contacted them. They have never worked on the Energy model. Plus the idea that they want $150 + shipping both ways to fix a $200 Bash 300S seems a bit high, with only a 60 day warranty.

That would be a last resort.

It's a solid sub, I owned at one point, but there are many better now in the $500-800 range. Since it will likely cost you over $200 to repair or replace the amp, I would save my pennies for a something newer and better...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • WilliamM2
    edited February 22
    Options
    I'm happy with it. It's in mint condition. I really haven't heard any better in that price range. A friend has an SVS SB1000 ($600), it doesn't even compare. I've seen used Bash 300s amps for $75 to $100 on Ebay, just not currently.

What happened to yours?
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    I'm happy with it. It's in mint condition. I really haven't heard any better in that price range. A friend has an SVS SB1000 ($600), it doesn't even compare. I've seen used Bash 300s amps for $75 to $100 on Ebay, just not currently.

What happened to yours?

I sold it pretty soon after I bought it. It's nice for the size if you get it for a good price, but there is almost no output below 25 HZ, and due to the size, its output is limited. It's a decent HT sub and not bad for music either, but something like this absolutely trounces it:

https://hsuresearch.com/collections/collections-true-subwoofers-subset-collection/products/vtf-2-mk5-subwoofer

I owned that HSU for several years. Hard to beat for the money if HT is your primary concern but you also want something fairly right and articulate for music reproduction. But look, if you like it and can find a replacement for a bill, good for you! Saving yourself a lot of green...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • WilliamM2
    Options
    The HSU, and most other subs are too large for the space I have to place it (too deep at 22"). I remember looking at the VTF-2 MKII at the time. The Energy is 1.5" wider, but 4" less in depth.
    And reviews of the Energy at the time showed a max SPL of 113 Db, and average of 110 from 19 to 60Hz.
    I did buy it new, and even then it was the best I could find for the space I have. There are some smaller subs these days. It's only been a few days, so if I can't find a solution, I'll start researching.