Advise on Polk Audio RTI A5 front and TSI400 rear

Options
ahd
ahd Posts: 2
Good Day fellow Polk Audio Lovers

I have a set of Polk RTI A5 and CSI A6 as my front stage setup. I currently have a KEF bookshelves as my rear, but am ready to upgrade the rear stage to either Polk RTI A3 bookshelves or Polk TSI 400 floorstanders. What I would like to know from the OG Polk fans what I should choose as the price difference between the 2 sets is but $50 and I would know what it will sound like in my setup until after I have purchased either 1 or the other and won't be able to return it as I am purchasing it 2nd hand

The area in which I will be using this setup in is a room size 17 feet x 18 feet and the floor to ceiling distance is 9 feet

The Amp I'm using presently is a Denon AVC-A1D 5.1 channel with 145watts per channel @ 8ohms, 205watts x 2 channels in stereo. I am planning on getting an AVR to use in conjuction with the Denon AVC

I have 2xJamo Sub250 subwoofers and am very happy with the bass I am getting from them in my current setup watching movies

Setup will be 5.2 channel and will be used 75% for movies and 25% for music

Will truly appreciate any feedback. Thank you

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    How would you use the AVC and AVR together? Both are multi-channel audio/video receivers.

Rears are basically ambient sound, so use whatever speakers you desire.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ahd
    ahd Posts: 2
    Options
    Good Day to you F1nut. I'm an F1 nut myself. Thank you for the reply. Much appreciated

I plan on using the AVR I still need to purchase as the main receiver, pre-out the front stage to the Denon AVC. The AVR will be used for the remaining speakers, rear in the 5.1.setup, but if I do purchase a 7.2 or 9.2 AVR, I will have the option of adding more speakers to the AVR

Thank you for you reply and advise once again. Much, much appreciated. Can't wait for the F1 season to start
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    That's a trick I'm not aware was possible.

The more common method is to add a separate multi-channel amplifier to the existing AVR or in your case AVC. There are notable sonic benefits to using a separate multi-channel amplifier verses any AVR/ABC.

I can't wait either. Hoping for some good racing.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    ahd wrote: »
    Good Day fellow Polk Audio Lovers

I have a set of Polk RTI A5 and CSI A6 as my front stage setup. I currently have a KEF bookshelves as my rear, but am ready to upgrade the rear stage to either Polk RTI A3 bookshelves or Polk TSI 400 floorstanders.

I've been using towers for rears for a few years and have satisfactory results. I prefer them to the bookies.
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman