Plugging new AKG K712 into Pioneer Elite receiver.

Options
Dabutcher
Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
When I plug them in. I get sound from speakers too? All speakers are hooked up to dedicated amps . Do I need to turn off the two amps to get the headphones to play without sound coming from the speakers? Thanks. D
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    Maybe you should try that and see🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    There may be a setting in the Pioneer receivers to turn off the preamplifier outputs when the headphone jack is drawing power but I've never found it. Turning external amps off is easiest. I don't think the internal amps are active by default with the headphone jack being used.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Turning off the amps should work, but if you'd prefer to keep everything on I'd check the manual for the amp to see if you have option for the amp to operate as Emlyn described.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    I don't think the internal amps are active by default with the headphone jack being used.

Correct, when you use the preouts to external amplification you have bypassed that part of the receiver. So by default they are still active when powered on. Turn them off.

• Dabutcher
    Options
    Thank you all! Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Dabutcher
    Options
    I am going to have to work with my receiver upstairs . It is not hooked up to amps. The Sunfire grand is in the Salamander and it is a tight fit and to turn it off I would have to get to the rear of the amp which is a PITA . Thanks. D
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Interesting question and issue. I'm trying to think of an instance in which one would want preout enabled when the headphone jack is in use.

Which AVR is this, anyway?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Dabutcher
    Options
    Pioneer Elite SC63
    I would love to be able to turn off pre outs.
    Thanks. D
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    I am going to have to work with my receiver upstairs . It is not hooked up to amps. The Sunfire grand is in the Salamander and it is a tight fit and to turn it off I would have to get to the rear of the amp which is a PITA . Thanks. D

Unplug it.