Got money but no sound!!!!!!!!!!!

suv_man
suv_man Posts: 5
edited June 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hello i just got my new car and have money for a nice sound stytem. i have a 2001 oldsmobile bravada. i an not sure what to look for and what kind of speakers to get i already have a head unit it is a Alpine CDA-9827. I will build my own box (my dad is a carpenter) and want to have something differnt then everybody elses SUV. Rebmeber i have alot of money for this so think of somthing nice
Post edited by suv_man on

Comments

• suv_man
    edited June 2004
    For subs i like these Rockford Fosgate P312D2 my bother has them in his neon and they sound pretty nice
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2004
    how much is a lot of money?
    how many subs do you want?
    what size?
    and you want to replace all your stock speakers?
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2004
    Focal K2 Power.. Possibly the best sounding speaker on the planet. These are about $580 a set.

For subs Id say go with a single 12. Check out Diamond Audio and look at their CM3 12 D4. Its about $200, can handle 500 rms and will work in a pretty small box and still sound great.

For amps look to Audison. These are ridiculously clean amps (.009% THD!!!) and will work your Focals very well. This one goes for $600.

For the sub amp Id say this one should work quite well. This one is a little more powerful than your sub can handle so take care when adjusting the gain. Goes for around $700.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • suv_man
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by exalted512
    how much is a lot of money?
    how many subs do you want?
    what size?
    and you want to replace all your stock speakers?
    -Cody

---3500 is the MOST i can spend

---i want 3 subs. 12in and 2 amps

---i want to replace all speakers
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,529
    edited June 2004
    Do you want a booming system or an accurate one eh?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2004
    http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19814
    look at my post there
    i only recommended one sub, just double that
    2 of those is all you need
    the money you have left over will get you a nice alternator from Ohio Alternator
    dont bother running those 2 amps with an aftermarket alternator or youll fry youre electrical system
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • suv_man
    edited June 2004
    i think that i am going to order 2 Brahma 12 MKII now so i can build my box and i am not sure about amps and speakers
  • suv_man
    edited June 2004
    never mind the above post this is what i am ordering all together unless i change my mind by tommorow

Subs--Rockford Fosgate P212S4 i will get 2 12in
    amp--Alpine MRV-T420
    head unit--I am keeping mine for now untill i can afford a nice DVD system
    speakers--MMC650 (these are the only things that i havent heard the rest i listened to and liked but these got good reviews)
    wires and junk--i have some wires from my dads old system when he got new ones i dont know what they are so should i get new ones.

thanks for all of the help and the people that pmed me i will post pics when all done and by the way does it matter what material is on the sub box i have all suede in the car and wanted the box to be that to
  • Confuzedtoomuch
    Confuzedtoomuch Posts: 3
    edited June 2004
    As long as your constructing with the right stuff, which i believe the most used is 3/4" MDF Board, it wouldn't matter what you covered it with.
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by Confuzedtoomuch
    ...the most used is 3/4" MDF Board, it wouldn't matter what you covered it with.
    MDF Board is redundant. MDF stands for Medium-Density Fiberboard
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2