I hooked up my speakers but the headphones and speakers are both operating

Options
I used to have speakers with a headphone jack in them, but these Bluetooth speakers require me to plug the headphones in the back of the motherboard. The sounds comes out both and defeats the purpose of having headphones. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you.

Best Answers

Answers

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Need more information. What model speakers are you using?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • lonelyheroine
    Options
    Sorry about that. It's a brand called Solution and the speakers are R40. USB-powered 2.0 speakers.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    Are they the "Soulion R40" speakers? If so, can you turn down the volume of the speakers and still have the headphones operate from the motherboard? What component are you referring to by: "motherboard"
  • lonelyheroine
    lonelyheroine Posts: 5
    edited December 2023
    Options
    The tower of my PC. Yes, they are Solution R40 speakers and, no, I am unable to turn down the volume and still have the headphones work. And I made a mistake before---I've since realized that the headphones don't work at all---the sound I was hearing was from the speakers alone. It looks as if my computer lacks a headphone jack. I had read that the green hole usually is the right jack, but I tried all three and none of them worked. I'm surprised, because my computer isn't that old. I hope I don't have to buy new speakers that come with a headphone jack, like my last ones did. They were a Christmas gift from my brother, who sent them to me via Amazon, so I can't really return them under the circumstances.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    It might be possible to add a headphone junction box. In order to know if it is possible can you tell us what model computer you have and what the connections on it are?
    By the way the speaker company is called: Soulion, as in Soul Lion, I guess.
  • lonelyheroine
    Options
    Well, it was built for me by a long-time computer repair fellow I've known for years, so it doesn't actually have a model number, one that I can see anyway. I may call him tomorrow and ask him and hopefully he can tell me if there's a working headphone jack. He's been away for quite awhile but returning this weekend. I have a Bell connection for the Internet, but it's certainly not a super-fast one.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    The green jack issue sounds like a Windows selection in audio settings
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lonelyheroine
    Options
    I want to thank everyone here who has helped me with my headphone problem and I wish you all a happy New Year!