SDA 1 with vertical tweeters and pin/blade cable style. Best modifications advice please

Options
Years ago when I was making money hand over fist I had some polk 10's with a Denon pma 2500 with wood sides %$#@ing awesome combination!!!! Liked them so much a couple years later I jumped up to the sda 1.2 tl's and used the same Denon amp... awesome results!!! Won and lost fortunes and let my ex keep the speakers years ago. So recently I purchased these sda 1's, because there is so much bang for the buck and I couldn't bring myself to listen to all the crap you get buying new. I paid 400 w/o cord from a guy in a 1 million dollar condo on a golf course ( he took good care of them). So what would be the top 2 or maybe 3 mods that make sense to do? Cost is... but isn't a concern Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,842
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sounds like you have the SDA 1C. Plenty of info here on the mods for that model, so get your search on.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Answers

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,721
    Options
    #1... crossover rebuild, if haven't done so already. Clarity Cap is budget friendly.
    #2... BH5 or 6"x6"x1" (budget friendly) open-cell foam behind each mid driver.
    #3... Hurricane nuts

Come back for more when you're done/bored.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Pull the cabinet stuffing (Dacron fiber fill?) back up where it belongs. Tends to sag to the bottom of the cabinet over time.

Verify that ALL the drivers work.

Repairs before modifications--although sometimes the modification also repairs a defect.