Air Guitar, Air Mic (Vocals) Air Drums ETC..

Options
With the passing of Myles Goodwyn (April Wine) I was thinking back to the song I like To Rock, and growing up how many times I must have just rocked out to this song, it's a banger for sure, but also other songs that just got me, and my friends up and rocking out.

Here is a few off the top of my head I loved acting like I was the one on stage.

April Wine, I like To Rock.
Def Leppard, Let It Go (Kick A.s.s Tune..)
Ted Nugent, Free For All
KISS, King Of The Night Time World
AC/DC, If You Want Blood (You Got It.)

There's a ton more, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and what not.

What you got? To be young again..

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    Options
    I loved KISS until 1978 or so. I used to air guitar with a tennis racket to "Alive II" every day after school when I was in 7th/8th grade. :p

April Wine was absolutely HUGE where I am from (100 MYLES south of Montreal) when I was in high school. Particularly the albums "Harder, Faster" and "Nature of the Beast". That April Wine video you posted was recorded in Le Studio in Morin Heights, Quebec. The Rush videos from "Moving Pictures" were shot in that very same room. The list of bands that recorded there is staggering. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Studio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auLBLk4ibAk

When I bought the Styx "Grand Illusion" album, I used to sit on my bed and listen to it while using the box of this Bavarian gun model kit as my synth keyboard. B)

9rt5jdnpi3wd.jpg

a7o4fga9ztkm.jpg

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Most of my listening started in the mid to late 80s. I got a ton, also, but just a couple here...

Pretty much the whole Def Leppard Hysteria album, but especially Animal, Hysteria. I can't believe that tape still plays. I musta played that thing for an entire summer on auto-reverse on my yellow Sony Sports Walkman while out riding with my friends all day, practicing tricks, ripping on each other, and showing off to girls who really didn't care about us, lol

Van Halen - Jump & Panama

Bryan Adams - Summer of 69

Mr. Mister - Kyrie for the drum bit in the lull

The only Rush song I've ever heard was Time Stand Still. I thought that was pretty effing great, too. I had no idea that was Aimee Mann until last year.

So, a bunch of stuff from MTV in the late 80s.

Also...
    Spinal Tap - Big Bottoms
    Vocals and Choreography

https://youtu.be/YjC0vMIrOAk?si=RF_Dy4GOEV_aIkJz
    I disabled signatures.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,930
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I loved KISS until 1978 or so. I used to air guitar with a tennis racket to "Alive II" every day after school when I was in 7th/8th grade. :p

April Wine was absolutely HUGE where I am from (100 MYLES south of Montreal) when I was in high school. Particularly the albums "Harder, Faster" and "Nature of the Beast". That April Wine video you posted was recorded in Le Studio in Morin Heights, Quebec. The Rush videos from "Moving Pictures" were shot in that very same room. The list of bands that recorded there is staggering. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Studio

When I bought the Styx "Grand Illusion" album, I used to sit on my bed and listen to it while using the box of this Bavarian gun model kit as my synth keyboard. B)

That was a great/sad story on Le_Studio, I never put those together that they were the same room..
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »

That was a great/sad story on Le_Studio, I never put those together that they were the same room..

I think I only noticed this connection a year or so ago when seeing the April Wine video. I had seen the Rush video way back 20+ years ago when watching one of their DVDs. Probably 1999 or 2000.

When I was in boy scouts around 1977, we went to a place called Camp Tamaracouta that was about 5 miles from Le Studio. Sadly, I was too young to ask to drive by. :p
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    Options
    The Trooper-Iron Maiden
    Peace Sells-Megadeth
    Tall Cool Woman-The Hollies
    Stuck in the Middle with you- Steelers Wheel
    One thing leads to another-The Fixx

to name a few....
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    I guess one of the earliest for me was Boston's first album, with "More Than a Feeling", "Peace of Mind", and "Foreplay/Long Time" to get my arms and fingers flailing.

A few years later, I started liking the harder stuff, so lots of air guitar solos to early metal like Dio, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Ratt, The Cult, AC/DC, Def Leppard.

Then I drifted into more classic rock like Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Who. Pete Townsend never really did screaming guitar solos, but Keith Moon could really pound those skins.

For serious air drums, mostly Rush. Serious guitar, Eddie Van Halen.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon