mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    pqqfr5ddknk1.gif

Now we're talkin'!
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    I’m actually pretty lucky in my area that we have a really good selection of restaurants and they usually have great service.

I always tip well, right down to the butcher/meat shop I hit up on the way to my cabin.

Staff always remember who tips well.

I am bummed to say though that a great farm to table restaurant near my cabin decided to shut down this fall.

The owners had it as a side business and I guess they decided the work needed to keep it going wasn’t worth the profits.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    that truly blows . . . we need to do everything we (reasonably) can to keep the mom 'n pops in biz
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    BBQ done right. Parker's in Wilson, NC.

None of that red sauce junk.

If you have to put sauce on your bbq then it was cooked incorrectly making it too dry!

Living in Wyoming I really miss the bbq in florida, about the only thing I miss.
    Oh yea, I miss seafood and, this lamp.
    And that’s all I need…
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    skipshot12 wrote: »

If you have to put sauce on your bbq then it was cooked incorrectly making it too dry!

Living in Wyoming I really miss the bbq in florida, about the only thing I miss.
    Oh yea, I miss seafood and, this lamp.
    And that’s all I need…

Tru Dat . . . there's a middle eastern dude here rock'n the BBQ. No sauce necessary. Great as-is!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Jazzhead
    Jazzhead Posts: 525
    Options

@F1nut, that place is part of my DNA, along with B's and a few others of that ilk (eastern NC cayenne pepper/vinegar based BBQ with no tomato, thank you). Parkers is a favorite because it's a bit hotter than some others and they serve those unique corn sticks. My family farmed near there and I recall as a child my elderly great uncles poking cayenne peppers into empty apple cider vinegar gallon jars, topping it off with vinegar and letting it ferment in a dark pantry for about five years. This "sauce" was then shaken onto any meat being grilled/smoked, collard greens etc. Part of the culture - it goes way back.
    Polk Audio first generation RTA-12s; 12 inch Polk Stands; DHS Speaker Service upgraded crossovers w/ Sonicap/Mills; the "westmassguy anti-lobing mod" (hyperdamped outer drivers/mirror imaged); tweeter anti-diffraction mod; Cardas binding posts; Neotech UPOCC internal wire; foam-lined inner driver baskets; xschop phase plugs; deleted fuses; Hurricane nuts; Sonic Barrier; Dynamat Xtreme
    Ayre K-5xeMP preamplifier
    Cambridge Audio 840C CD player; Herbie's Audio Lab Super Black Hole CD Mat
    D-Sonic Custom Audio M3a-600M monoblock amplifiers
    NAD 4155 FM/AM tuner
    Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference II Series II balanced interconnects; Virtue Audio single-ended interconnects
    Kimber 12TC speaker cable w/Furez connectors; VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables w/Furutech connectors
    Herbie's Audio Lab system isolation: Tenderfeet, Big Fat Dots, Grungebuster Dots, Little Fat Gliders
    Dedicated 20A/10 AWG circuit; Furutech GTX-D (G) outlet; Furutech eTP80; Shunyata Research Venom Defender; Synergistic Research Orange fuses