How many Jeep owners do we have here

Options
Bought my first Jeep in 72 and have owned at least 50 or more....now retired and can afford to have someone do a build as my old body isnt up to it any more...also love my 2 doors...he is a 2021 Freedom Edition with extras I picked up today

0hnxyf9iivsq.jpg
asm87j7uszoj.jpg
e4inq6hyz2yb.jpg
16p7my4kgzxm.jpg

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    Options
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    How many Jeep owners do we have here?

4b9roufp7w12.jpg
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,929
    edited November 2023
    Options
    It’s a Jeep thing, only girls would understand…

Only teasing, that is a nice looking ride.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Got my first one six years ago. It has different bumpers, a winch and some KCs on it now, but my newer pics aren’t at my fingertips at the moment. 90,000 miles and still going strong. Also a 2-door fan. Next one will be a 2-door Rubicon. Someday …

djogbdblf2ah.jpeg
    sx0auwfhz430.jpeg
    1r9n71ptvimg.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    I have two right now. The SO drives the 08 Grand Cherokee diesel and I drive the Liberty diesel. I've owned lots. First one I owned was a 78 J20. It was a tank.

goe5azj4h8dx.jpeg
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    Options
    You guys mean to tell me you can drive these things and they aren't just driveway ornaments?
    Kidding, they look cool but not practical for my family and lifestyle.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    I’m on vacation and have one for the week. Not a vehicle I would want to own.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    I had a Grand Cherokee for a few years. Loved the performance (Hemi + Quadradrive), style, and ride but hated that important things started failing on it after three years. Ditched after five years but got a good trade in on it for something else. Too bad they discontinued the V8 option on the standard Grand Cherokee for this year. Dealers are regularly knocking $10K to $15K off sticker in my area to try and shift the overpriced V6 version now.

FWIW, I consider the Wrangler to be the soul of Jeep.

Here's a Wrangler with the 392 engine option for $133K (slight markup but they probably throw in a set of floor mats)... :#

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/f8a7f920-e7e4-47d2-86be-c76d84e407c2/
  • mark090852
    Options
    I've had several over the last 30 years. Here are my two most recent ones. 5sti8d8gwp67.jpg
    yyudtw9s5d20.jpg

McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I’d really love to own a 2 door wrangler, but it would be a daily driver because I’m not the type to have a bonus car at this stage of life. And as a daily driver, I just don’t think it works unfortunately given that I’m driving 60 miles round trip to the office.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    I wonder what the biggest speaker is they can haul? For reference I brought my pair of 1.2tls home from several states away in the back of a Santa Fe. On 2 other speaker runs I had a single Bozak CG and a single khorn with it's top off stuffed in the back of the same Santa Fe. A pair of ADS 1530's also will fit it's tight but they will fit. 15 80lb bags of quickcrete was the most I did for weight. Surely the Jeep can easily do better in that category. 10' drip edges or 2 bys will also fit with the hatch closing. The santa fe left here a few years back as it's towing capacity wasn't enough for my new camper. I'm thinking a jeep should easily be able to tow 7000lbs+?
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    The Jeep Wagoneer will tow around 9,000lbs to 10,000lbs in some versions because it has a Ram truck-based chassis. The Grand Cherokee will do a bit above 7,000lbs depending on trim. Depends on engine output and brakes to a degree. The Wrangler isn't any more than 4,000lbs in some models. A soft off road suspension isn't really tuned for safely towing or carrying a lot of weight usually. The Rubicon 392 will tow 3,500lbs.

I put a pair of SDA-SRS 2.3TLS in my Grand Cherokee.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    I was at a Chrysler/Jeep dealer not long ago and hopped into a Rubicon on the floor for S&G. Mind, the last Jeep I was in was a buddies CJ7, which was a long time ago. I had no idea how upscale Jeep had become. No way I'd take one out and do what I used to do in my FJ40.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I was at a Chrysler/Jeep dealer not long ago and hopped into a Rubicon on the floor for S&G. Mind, the last Jeep I was in was a buddies CJ7, which was a long time ago. I had no idea how upscale Jeep had become. No way I'd take one out and do what I used to do in my FJ40.

They want stupid money for Jeeps now a days
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »

As does pretty much everything consumable nowadays. The almighty dollar doesn't buy what it used to.
  • odcics2
    odcics2 Posts: 309
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »

As does pretty much everything consumable nowadays. The almighty dollar doesn't buy what it used to.

My old granny would complain about inflation to me when I was 6.
    I’m almost 68 now. Same story!!