DIY Lazy Susan Turntable

SCompRacer
SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
edited October 2023 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Not for records, but for giving gear a spin on the bench. Borrowed this idea from Xraytonyb on you tube. It’s a pain moving a heavy receiver around on the bench while inspecting, ohm/cap testing or replacing capacitors to get a better angle.

Lazy Susan’s come in various sizes and weight ratings like 4”, 6” , 500 pounds, etc. I chose a 12” one so if the gear is slightly off center it won’t tip allowing the platform to rub the bench. (It’s rated at 1000 pounds…LOL). Cost me $15 at Lowes. I didn’t have any decent plywood laying around so got a 2’ x 2’ piece of 3/4" for $11. I cut it down to 21” square.

I drilled a hole in platform to allow access and attach it to the bench or attaching a wood base in the future. I rounded the corners and used a router to radius the top and bottom edges. Followed up with a sander. Should have made this when doing the Scott 340.

fom1tslqe8zr.jpg
nqgbp3dhj9yg.jpg
v360ft9a6cif.jpg
ndqwd037ds77.jpg
phfa4m867dr5.jpg

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *

Comments