The new family member

gudnoyez
gudnoyez Posts: 8,105
edited October 2023 in The Clubhouse
fxoltzyffoc4.jpg
May I introduce Duke a 5 month old German Shorthair Pointer. At the Phesants Forever Banquet last evening, I won our latest family member. There was a cute Springer Spaniel that was auctioned off for a sweet $900 I did not bid on her.

It was one of the last auctions of the evening and all the bidders must of run out of Cash I raised my hand at $300.00 someone bid $350 I figured I would go $400.00 next thing I know I'm the proud winner of this little guy.

I did not think that it would end at that amount one like Duke fetches a couple of grand he has been trained to spot birds and has a pretty good family line. My new hunting buddy wore me out today. Did not think the Wife would approve but she absolutely loves the little guy, lucky for me lucky for him.

He's a little camera shy and he's pretty big for his age. I will post a few pics later when I can get some good ones, the other dogs are jealous😁🐕.
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    We had a female German Shorthair growing up in high school she did go bird hunting with us too.

Great looking dog, he looks hungry though.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,275
    Excellent game dogs, congratulations
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,232
    Awesome deal congrats

Is gun shy?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • gudnoyez
    edited October 2023
    m5a1qp3uuo4n.jpg

He is a little skinny he will gain some weight he will be spoiled. If I knew I was going to win him I would of bought raffle tickets at Purina's table holy cow a big bag of Salmon and Rice Purina Pro Plan was $69 at Menards.

The Sires name is Tebow and the Dames name is Raven, The Dad out of Minnesota the Mom out of Iowa. I was told to stick with Pro Plan the other dogs get Blue Buffalo but some of the trainers said only Pro Plan will be best for him. Thanks for the compliments guys all I know I was planning on drinking a few beers maybe wining a Rifle or hunting gear and came home with this little guy.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,182
    He’s adorable! Congratulations
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • pitdogg2
    edited October 2023
    Blue Buffalo was sold several years ago, it's not the same food as it was. If they were feeding proplan stick with for awhile. Farm and Fleet has some good food for reasonable money. I switched to this slowly for Chester as too many foods are using cheaper ingredients and peas which they think have been causing enlarged heart problems for dogs.
    xxreautj6s8e.jpg
    Ancient Stream with the ancient grains.
    I also back it up with wild caught Sockeye Salmon I grill twice a month.

Chester cannot eat anything that has beef, lamb or chicken as it has too many leftover antibiotics and it was causing severe skin issues. Fish or Kangaroo and he's golden.
    Kangaroo is stupid expensive!
    I buy several bags of this when they have it on sale $50 for 28#.

He's worth it 😉😉

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,115
    Congrats!
    My mostly white Pit mix is from the Humane Society and has spots all over her like that . . . probably why they named her Dottie!

she never answered to that, so I renamed her Frannie . . . Anywho, CONGRATS!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,822
    Super-cool!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • gudnoyez
    edited October 2023
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Congrats!
    My mostly white Pit mix is from the Humane Society and has spots all over her like that . . . probably why they named her Dottie!

she never answered to that, so I renamed her Frannie . . . Anywho, CONGRATS!

My co worker got his Pit bull mix from the humane society lucky dog he babys him and just had it at the doggie chiropractor he takes it everywhere with him it's a good dog.
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Blue Buffalo was sold several years ago, it's not the same food as it was. If they were feeding proplan stick with for awhile. Farm and Fleet has some good food for reasonable money. I switched to this slowly for Chester as too many foods are using cheaper ingredients and peas which they think have been causing enlarged heart problems for dogs.
    xxreautj6s8e.jpg
    Ancient Stream with the ancient girains.
    I also back it up with wild caught Sockeye Salmon I grill twice a month.

My neighbor feeds his Labs the Kirkland Salmon rice from Costco, its packaged by Taste Of The Wild according to him he says his dogs like it better than the Blue Buffalo he was feeding them.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,576
    Beautiful pup Congrats.
  • pitdogg2
    Taste of the wild is owned by Diamond dog food. They make foods for Tractor supply as Well.
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,044
    Looks like you photoshopped a lab puppy's head onto a dalmation body, lol. Sorry, couldn't help myself. :/ Beautiful dog. You're lucky to have him and vice versa.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,983
    Congrats on the new family member.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,957
    Congrats, good looking dog!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,641
    Congrats on the beautiful dog.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,136
    bl5vlxs9gb1e.jpg

Congrats on your new pup Duke!

A good friend posted this photo yesterday on FB of her six month old English Pointer.
    They look similar. Her's is already pointing at something in the tree.
  • gudnoyez
    edited October 2023
    n1c2vc1yq7ku.jpg
    mt6ngm7nwxfn.jpg
    4blgu70vsanp.jpg
    I told the wife he's going to be a bird dog and there she goes and buys all these toys and bathed him in some oatmeal shampoo concoction.

I swear hes growing every day and he is pretty clumsy hitting his head on everything and tripping while he is running. I will take him to the lake Saturday and see how he fares in the water there is lots of Phesant habitat there so I will let him run and get that oatmeal shampoo smell off him poor little guy.

I need to find a training collar with GPS perhaps a Garmin one. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good one?

Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• pitdogg2
    edited October 2023
    Oatmeal shampoo, crazy stuff man. You need to introduce him to the a la skink al'lamode

😜😂
  • gudnoyez
    7k6qals2rjcj.jpg

My Duke was training this Easter Morning
    eaavqbkh7wks.jpg

The snow has melted and he is doing his point on Phesants today instead of pigeons. Believe it or not he is 61 lbs and pretty tall for 50 weeks he should put a little more weight on we he loses some of his non stop energy. 5 more weeks to go he should make a good hunting partner.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• pitdogg2
    Good looking pup Steve!!
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,773
    Congrats

Learn to code!!
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • gudnoyez
    edited May 4
    nqpf8lo1gk20.jpg

Two more weeks and Duke comes home he is gun broke flushing and retrieving and doing good, loving that point of his!

I dont know who misses him more me or the wife, but were going to have fun together plan on spending a lot of time with him. The place he went to comes highly recommended and as hard as it was to send him away, the benefits of having a hunting partner and a family dog is worth the money spent. He will be hunting mornings and snuggling up on the coach with us in the evening (After a bath of course.) 😁
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• gudnoyez
    3q0tl41e05yq.jpg

Today's update I'm a proud Papa. The trainer says he is on fire, it's all coming together and I will be very happy with the results. I wish I had better pictures I'm not a facebooker so it's just a picture off the Wifes FB page. Just another rabbit hole, I've gotten myself into. Go Duke!
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,822
    He did put on the weight, just like you said he would! Super-cool!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • gudnoyez
    edited September 27
    j3k82o257nqc.jpg

Our Duke at 15 months, dudes been taking up a lot of times that I should be listening to Tunes.

We spend to much time with him, a Little more than 3 weeks until his first Phesant hunt, and looking forward to it.

We have been taking him to a farm and releasing Chukar for him and he's ready other than a few late releases hes pretty good for a Pup, he has some maturing ahead of him. He has been keeping me busy, not enough time for music but that should change come January.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head