WTB: Your Sauces

Options
This is a serious post. I mean it.
Any of you guys have Aldi's where you live? I discovered these sauces this summer, but learned today that they're just seasonal, if not fully discontinued.

Hoping maybe some of you guys may still have them in your neighborhoods.

I've only had the Polynesian, but would like to try the others. They're out of stock here, and the store manager told me today they're seasonal.

If any of you have these shops nearby and wouldn't mind checking for remaining stock, I'd like to order a few bottles of each and will compensate you for your time with spirits or some ducats.

Much obliged.
(Not you @bcwsrt )
uaxdpqjoyz3d.png
I disabled signatures.

Comments

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    I’m gonna go up there tomorrow and take pictures of the (hopefully) GIANT stock they have sitting there and post them all right here.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    I have three stores in town as well 😉
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    I will will travel just to take pictures to taunt @msg with.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    I will will travel just to take pictures to taunt @msg with.

I got his number, we'll text!
    😜
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,191
    Options
    If you haven’t been to the 21st Norfolk one, I’ll check next time I go in.
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    I couldn’t wait ‘til tomorrow! Bwahahaha!

Only had this one, but I grabbed it.

2wocf489jt5c.jpeg
    Brian

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Excellent!
    Thanks Zach! Thanks Brian!
    I've only checked one store in VB so far. There's another Aldi off Volvo I can try tomorrow.

Brian, if they only had the one, and you like sweet and spicy are you sure you don't want to try it? I like it on chicken, and recently tried it with canned albacore tuna for a quick tuna sandwich.

If not, we'll do the test-ship box through FedEx, and then if that goes smoothly, the product ship.

Side note: I'm also looking for a good recipe for a tangy Greek "house" dressing. Place near me had a great house dressing that was excellent for tuna, and the owners retired.
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    edited September 2023
    Options
    If someone comes up with a more complete haul for you than what I did, then yeah, I’ll definitely keep it and try it out. Otherwise, we’ll proceed as you outlined!

Brian

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    Options
    If there were more females on this forum, this thread title wouldn't be as disturbing. :o
  • Gardenstater
    Options
    I'll keep my eyes open but I don't think I've ever laid eyes on those before at my stores.

Aldis is frustrating sometimes when as soon as you discover something, it disappears. For me it was the dry roasted hazlenuts.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • msg
    Options
    Thanks George! Yeah, you're right. This happens.
    And Ivan! - missed your post earlier while I was posting back.

They were on an end cap near the register when I found them last, but the store manager explained to me that there's a specific aisle in the store that has the seasonal/transient product. In my local shop it's aisle 4 over near the freezers. I never noticed it before, but it has a bunch of red signs hanging from the ceiling, iirc. He told me that't the stuff that comes and goes, and maybe comes back again.

There were some cookies like this that were seasonal. I just saw them one day months ago and thought to try them, and remember the cashier commenting that I was lucky to get them because they only come out once a year. I never knew that, because I'm usually there for a few stapes whenever I'm in. Like their 6-packs of nice chicken titts for $12-$13 that aren't all roided out, and mixed greens for smoothies (because I can't ever seem to eat salad; only good at throwing it away. Fruit and veg smoothies helps make sure it gets used).

I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    Aldis is frustrating sometimes when as soon as you discover something, it disappears.

Yup.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • JCL
    JCL Posts: 111
    Options
    This is all they had at the store near me. If you want them I can send them to you (Nashville and Yuzu). If not I’ll certainly try them.

What other hot sauces do you like? I like the gringo bandito private reserves, but they stopped making them. Pretty sure they are way hotter than the Burman’s. 10^32 K is a really hot one that I have too. Tastes good just really hot.

vacaj184a7u7.jpeg

John
    L600 (front), R200 (rear), R200 (rear surround), L400 (center), Sunfire HRS-10 (2)Marantz AV7706Sunfire Cinema Grand, Marantz M8077, Music Hall Stealth, Ortofon bronze cartridge, Parasound Zphono XRM, Sony UBP-X800
  • msg
    Options
    Hey John! Very cool of you, thanks for checking! They do have a couple of those ones here, too, so please go ahead and check them out. I haven't tried those ones yet.

Thanks again for checking!
    I disabled signatures.
  • JCL
    JCL Posts: 111
    Options
    Yea sorry I couldn’t find what you were looking for.

If you want I could send you this one to try. It’s been refrigerated since I bought them. I have duplicates of this one. This one is habanero and Carolina reaper. The guitarist for the Offspring Dexter Hollander used to release these once a year. Different blend every year too.

John

3fouxgho6zev.jpeg
    L600 (front), R200 (rear), R200 (rear surround), L400 (center), Sunfire HRS-10 (2)Marantz AV7706Sunfire Cinema Grand, Marantz M8077, Music Hall Stealth, Ortofon bronze cartridge, Parasound Zphono XRM, Sony UBP-X800
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    Options
    I will check tommorow at our Aldi going for thier Oktoberfest Festbier and will keep a eye out for them.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • pitdogg2
    edited September 2023
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    going for thier Oktoberfest Festbier

Any good?
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,962
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I just picked up a few bottles of Burman's Hot Sauce for you:

1) Sheep Farmer - Robust-flavored hot sauce with zesty notes of grass and regret.

2) Red Lobster Dumpster - Pungent hot sauce with a hint of seagull romance.

3) Seattle Wino - Mad Dog 20/20 hot sauce with zesty notes of mustard gas and brutality.

4) Hillbilly - Beer-flavored hot sauce with a strong stench of your sister's Dollar Store perfume.

I have to say sir....Im sitting in the car trying not to barf because of an upset stomach at my kids homecoming pictures....and this actually made me laugh out load without barfing.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Stuck out today at 4 Aldi's. Two said they had never carried it this summer. They other two stated they ran out early summer.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    You can't afford MY sauces...you big perve.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pitdogg2
    Options
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,028
    Options
    @msg - Scored 12 of the Polynesian for you yesterday. Haven't yet hit the other stores.

On your recommendation, picked up a couple more for GF and I. Momma Mia! that's hot! We won't be having it straight - perhaps mixed into something else. Hmmm... might take it to a local Mexican joint to kick up their lame salsa...
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • msg
    Options
    Lol!
    Woohoo! Excellent! Thanks very much! If they have any more, I'll go for up to another 12. Looks like it's out down here til next year.

I'll PM you to coordinate! Thanks again, and thanks to all of you guys who went out looking!
    CGTIII wrote: »
    @msg - Scored 12 of the Polynesian for you yesterday. Haven't yet hit the other stores.

On your recommendation, picked up a couple more for GF and I. Momma Mia! that's hot! We won't be having it straight - perhaps mixed into something else. Hmmm... might take it to a local Mexican joint to kick up their lame salsa...

I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Holy crap! Do you drink this stuff? 😂

Guess it’s time to open up my bottle and see what it’s all about!

Brian

• msg
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    Holy crap! Do you drink this stuff? 😂
    Guess it’s time to open up my bottle and see what it’s all about!
    Yeah Brian, open it up!

Ha, well, not quite drinking it, but I'm using it as a "dressing" on everything right now. Grilled chicken or canned tuna sandwiches, mostly, for work lunches. There's the sugar in it to account for, but it's better than using mayo all the time. I know tuna's supposed to be bad to eat all the time, but can't swing going out to $20+ lunches every day, esp when they're not quite "on program".

I'm thinking the Burman's Polynesian would probably be good with shrimp or a mild white fish as well, if you like hot cocktail sauce. I do. I make mine with extra-hot horseradish and ketchup. I guess I like spicy stuff.

I need to find a good tangy/vinegary Greek "House Dressing" recipe for tuna again. As I was saying, the little Mom & Pop place that used to sell it sold the business years ago. It was the best tuna dressing for tuna that I ever had.

CGTIII wrote: »
    Still laughing at your reaction :D You might try it on meat along with a bland side dish, like brown or white rice. This'll help cut the heat/richness. I've also heard that lime can cut spicy? but that might just be curry?

Thanks again to all!

I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    I make mine with extra-hot horseradish and ketchup. I guess I like spicy stuff.

I do this as well, I'll also just take a fork and eat horseradish straight....oooo feel the burn!
  • msg
    edited September 2023
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I do this as well, I'll also just take a fork and eat horseradish straight....oooo feel the burn!
    lol, you twisted, twisted! ****!

I do it with garlic sometimes, too, when I'm cooking. I'll throw a little dollop on a Wheat Thin or something. It's also the first taste you notice the next morning, lol
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    edited September 2023
    Options
    And your significant other smells all night !

Please give them my condolences.... B)B)
  • msg
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    lol, you twisted, twisted! ****!

Mass o kist is censored.
    I disabled signatures.