Lhy sw-8 audiophile switch

rebelsoul
rebelsoul Posts: 756
edited August 2023 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
New $600 selling $400 best audio switch under $700 for sure.

- Based on Linksys LGS108 8-Port Business Desktop Gigabit Switch

- CNC Aluminum Block Chassis [Gun Metal Grey/Green]

- AC Incoming: High Quality IEC with Fuse & Switch
- AC Noise Filter: UK RIFA RFI Suppression Caps & Noise Filter
- AC Transformer: High Quality Encapsulated Talema
- High Speed Rectifier
- High Endurance Reservoir Caps
- Phillips 1% Precision Resistors
- Multistages DC/DC Power Supply 12v, 3.3v, 1.2v low noise (lab measurable noise in the range of uV)
- Integrated Aluminium Heat-sink Chassis

OCXO

- Replaced built-in crystal of LGS108 with High quality SC-CUT Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator with ultra low noise PLL circuitry

- Noticable improvement in Clocking precision and lower jitters

What’s in the package:
1. LHY SW-8 Network Switch
2. Power cord

Linksys LGS108 Specification

Model Name:
Based on LGS108
Network Standards:
IEEE 802.3
IEEE 802.3u
IEEE 802.3x
IEEE 802.3ab
IEEE 802.3az
Ports:
8 Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000) Ports
LEDs:
Link and activity indicators
Performance:
Full line rate and forwarding rate of 64B frame at:
1.488 Mpps for 1000M port
0.1488 Mpps for 100M port
0.01488 Mpps for 10M port

Dimension: 240W x 50H x 175D (mm)

Weight: 1.95kg
I paid $600 selling for $400 reason for selling moving up the chain to the sw-10
The sw-8 sounds beautiful, I liked it so much I want to see how much better the 10 is

Comments

• Smoke free pet free mint condition
  • Hello, is this available ?
  • I made friends and family payment on this September 6th (13 days ago today) and the seller has not provided tracking information as discussed and after asking multiple times. Claimed it will be delivered the 18th which it was not.

Wanted to give everyone a heads-up up and to say this has not been a positive experience and I would not recommend purchasing from this seller.

Will update here if this changes but not getting a good feeling about this transaction.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,528
    He hasn't been active in 5 days so my first thought is life happened, give him a chance
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    quicksand wrote: »
    I made friends and family payment on this September 6th (13 days ago today) and the seller has not provided tracking information as discussed and after asking multiple times. Claimed it will be delivered the 18th which it was not.

Wanted to give everyone a heads-up up and to say this has not been a positive experience and I would not recommend purchasing from this seller.

Will update here if this changes but not getting a good feeling about this transaction.

Haha! SUCKERRR!
    I disabled signatures.
  • quicksand
    quicksand Posts: 3
    edited September 2023
    msg wrote: »
    Haha! SUCKERRR!
    No reason to be a jerk - what goes around comes around as they say.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,990
    edited September 2023
    I get really peeved when people are jerks. I want to kick their butts, tell them to cut the crap and tell them to go to heck. We don't need those dummies messing around like big ca-ca holes in this rotten place. Golly.
  • msg
    edited September 2023
    It's humor, dude.

Seriously, it's rare that you'll get hosed here, though it has happened with a few fly-by types. If you were to hang around and be a regular member, you'd pick that up pretty quickly (you still can). I'm sure you'll hear back.

Side note: I didn't say that because I'm afraid of your bad karma warning, but thanks for wishing jerkery on me. I'll remember you when it happens. Be on watch for feelings of long pins jabbed into your back, stomach, legs and nuttsack while you're enjoying your new switch when you receive it.

Namaste, dude. And Sah Da Tay.

*Edited for spelling to skirt filter so that there would be no misunderstanding of which body parts will be targeted for voodoo.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    That Voodoo Hot Sauce is turning you into an evil grumpy-head! :p
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,830
    I can’t wait ‘til I’ve been here for 4 years so I can stick it to a guy with 0 posts for $400.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,291
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    I can’t wait ‘til I’ve been here for 4 years so I can stick it to a guy with 0 posts for $400.

Sad part is some of us know where you live and how to mix concrete to fit you with a new pair of shoes....

Scott I get that it's humor but the guy with less than 10 posts is really asking for our help here. I'm sure @rebelsoul has had something come up, yet honestly he should have gave this member the courtesy of a pm, email or something to let them know... something.
    Claimed it will be delivered the 18th which it was not.

See this^^^ is problematic. It makes one think it was shipped. I completely understand @quicksand's apprehension.
  • VR3
    Do agree there is potentially am issue but I think it's a bit early to assume the member has been scammed.

- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,914
    I heard through a birdie that family issues arose. While still questionable, given the time frame? This is not a scam. We all are familiar with him.

That's all I will comment on.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • msg
    edited September 2023
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Sad part is some of us know where you live and how to mix concrete to fit you with a new pair of shoes....

Scott I get that it's humor but the guy with less than 10 posts is really asking for our help here. I'm sure @rebelsoul has had something come up, yet honestly he should have gave this member the courtesy of a pm, email or something to let them know... something.
    See this^^^ is problematic. It makes one think it was shipped. I completely understand @quicksand's apprehension.
    You're right, I stand corrected. Not really, but I'll play along.

And when did you start being a nice guy? It's weird, Ivan. It's weird, and I don't trust it. We were looking forward to that heist at the retirement community this Friday, right after they're tuckered out from Bingo. Well, you can forget it. I'm going alone. I no longer trust that you'll have the heart to twist the rings off old ladies' fingers when the time comes.

And I'm keeping your Knight Rider dvds, too. Those are mine now, along with your poster of The 'Hoff, shirtless. Not so that I can display it, but just so that you can't. You brought this on yourself.

We're not a marketplace, and this isn't Amazon, contrary to the reviewish verbiage. A 2-poster says about a 700+ post contributing member since 2019, this hasn't been a positive experience and would not recommend purchasing from this seller. Who cares if he changes it. That's permanent now, regardless of circumstance. This is why, as you know and are quick to remind people (laugh rib jab) that we try to buy and sell from established members, primarily, 100 meaningful posts minimum - because we know each other.

The right way to have gone about this would have been to post back saying, Hey guys, has anyone heard from @rebelsoul? I bought this switch but haven't heard from him in a while.

But you're right, rebel could/should have responded to quick's follow-ups.

That said, I also wouldn't have used PayPal F&F with someone I didn't know. I'd have sprung for the fee, and if I were at this stage, my last correspondence to seller would have been, Hey, please provide a status update or I'll have to open a case with PP.

I disabled signatures.
  • Just got home and wife forgot to ship it . I am on way to ship it as we speak. Sorry I was out of town for work. Had two people go mia and it's been a madhouse.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,289
    Well said, Scott. I always liked the established member to member transactions because you are damned near guaranteed to have a great experience, never had a negative one buying or selling here
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »

I did keeped in contact and answered all his text messages and emails and it would take a bullet to get me in cement shoes. I am six foot and have 23 inch biceps and a 430 bench press.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,289
    Probably not an appropriate way to answer this inquiry but whatever. This thread is a dumpster fire
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • No the inappropriate comment was the cement shoes
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,830
    edited September 2023
    I’m on my phone right now and can’t see it, but I just wanna know who hit “agree” and “like” about Ivan putting me in concrete shoes.

Edit: Well, at least no one LOL’d.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,291
    edited September 2023
    rebelsoul wrote: »
    No the inappropriate comment was the cement shoes

@rebelsoul My Comment was to this above it was never meant for you. I had figured something happened that was out of your control as my post stated "something must have come up".

If you've never seen it the concrete shoes is a famous @tonyb reference.

• Viking64
    I’m on my phone right now and can’t see it, but I just wanna know who hit “agree” and “like” about Ivan putting me in concrete shoes.

Edit: Well, at least no one LOL’d.

I don't want to alarm you, but the "Go Fund Me" has already raised $1,370. :#
  • msg
    ^^^dyin" lolol
    I disabled signatures.
  • I just left UPS store and sent him tracking it will be there Friday. My wife says sorry, it just slipped her mind.
  • Osarion
    Osarion Posts: 181
    Congrats on the sale and and the purchase. @quicksand let us know what you think. I was on the fence about this so would like to hear your thoughts on it.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,933
    Still available?
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,914
    I can faintly hear Trey yelling....."Where's the damned review!!!!???"

Doesn't matter if he hasn't rec'd it yet.....that's besides the point.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    And pictures, jeebus, need the pictures!