Options

Comments

• dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    Options
    I've never known Scott to be wrong...

msg wrote: »
    @chrispyfur you suck

Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    @chrispyfur I already told you eet more fyebur.
    chrispyfur wrote: »
    Not the worst thing I've ever done!

Polk says in the article above that these speakers have less distortion at higher volume, and they have better imaging. I believe both of those statements.

I do not believe that I personally would prefer the benefits of these speakers enough more than the regular R200 for me personally to justify the spend of money. The R200 is already a great speaker, this is not going to be the same difference as upgrading crossovers in a 30 year old pair of speakers. You're paying for a tremendous level of diminishing returns, again in MY opinion.

Not to mention, in order to realize the gains in imaging you'll need optimal placement for that, including stands, at which point there is no benefit to bookshelf speakers vs towers in my opinion.

I would rather spend the same money and have tower speakers that are voiced the same and will have more presence. You'll notice the additional presence from the towers 100% of the time, not just when you're actively listening for it.

If they had come out with an anniversary edition R700 with true 3 way crossover design I would have nothing bad to say about that product.

I think part of the idea with the R200AE is two-fold; it's a ramped up version of the R200 and, more so, it's aimed at the Polk collector, and the build improvements are very nice over that of the standard. Narrows the market, sure, but there's a legit segment.

Bottom line though, as with everything - gotta hear and experiment with each piece you mention for yourself. Everything else is speculation.

I personally find significant difference in imaging with bookshelf and sub vs. floorstanding and sub in my space, but this is specific to my space.

Not exactly the same thing, but I've found that in a different Polk line, the LSiM, that the 703s with sub outperformed the 705s with sub in my main space. The 705s sucked in the main space (but work nicely in a smaller space). I think it was due to the smaller mid driver, different crossovers, and blending with with the sub. The large 703 bookshelf had greater presence in this space than the 705, again. when paired with a sub. Overall, I've found that in my main space, large bookshelf speakers and sub work better than floorstanders and sub. Cleaner, blend better, presuming, of course that the large bookshelf speakers are large enough to match or beat the mids and highs of the floorstander.

Just bend over and take it, man, lol - you can't make statements about the R200AE without hearing them against the R200.
    1tp3gan6hpj8.gif

I disabled signatures.
  • chrispyfur
    chrispyfur Posts: 170
    Options
    Like I said above, I'm not further defending my previous posts.
  • msg
    Options
    Like I said above, I'm not further defending my previous posts.
    To clarify, meaning you've seen the error in your ways, or you've just been beat down so far you give up and are writing from the fetal position in the corner of dark closet?

I've FedEx'd a 12-pack of Snickerses to you, btw.
    Should be back to your usual fun self in no time.

Guys - I explained to @chrispyfur that CP isn't the same as hanging out in the driveway having beer with buddies, sparring in hyperbolic speech about which car is baddest assest, with no backup. I conveyed that you guys are all a-holes, and will call that out in a heartbeat, and bury anyone who wanders in to try it.

This is not a place to have fun. It's serious, and facts and experience only.

I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Well, if @chrispyfur didn't scare @daddywheelz off …

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    THAT'S MR. a-hole, you DIPSTICK.....

B)
  • chrispyfur
    Options
    I have a lot of respect for the experience you guys have which I currently do not. I hope in time I'll get there.

I didn't mean to sound argumentative or aggressive. Sorry that it came across that way.

@msg my closet has a light in it, that makes it better right?
  • msg
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    THAT'S MR. a-hole, you DIPSTICK.....
    B)
    lol
    I have a lot of respect for the experience you guys have which I currently do not. I hope in time I'll get there.

I didn't mean to sound argumentative or aggressive. Sorry that it came across that way.

@msg my closet has a light in it, that makes it better right?
    It's whatever makes you feel safe @chrispyfur , whatever makes you feel safe :D
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    edited August 2023
    Options

I didn't set out to stir up a hornets nest.

Yes you did. You spend much of your time here blowing smoke out of your keister, and when you get called out, you backpedal faster than Lance Armstrong.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • chrispyfur
    Options
    @nooshinjohn are you being serious? I can't tell. I've done no such thing. I've gotten along well with everyone in the forum until this thread.

Are you confusing me with the other Chris account or have I done some sort of wrong in other posts that I'm simply not aware of?
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2023
    Options
    OFFS…..

Value is relative….so whining about if something is worth a certain price really kinda comes down to a personal choice

As to what is NOT relative:

A/B tests are about as worthwhile as Rosie O’Donnell as a ‘visual aide’

Andrew Robinson is a hack (and his wife is straight up annoying)

Jeffrey Epstein didn’t kill himself

Buy ‘em. Don’t buy ‘em ….it’s all rock and roll to me.

I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »

That's a stretch... it was just an odd coincidence that he killed himself as soon as the cameras went off and a van pulled up.

You know, as coincidental as someone leaving an arson scene with a canister of gas and a lighter.

It's a conspiracy theory, my opinion says so!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »
    OFFS…..

Value is relative….so whining about if something is worth a certain price really kinda comes down to a personal choice

As to what is NOT relative:

A/B tests are about as worthwhile as Rosie O’Donnell as a ‘visual aide’

Andrew Robinson is a hack (and his wife is straight up annoying)

Buy ‘em. Don’t buy ‘em ….it’s all rock and roll to me.

Say it!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    HHHAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • F1nut
    Options
    B)

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Serious question. Who the heck is Chrispyfur
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    l7b71g4wiaei.png im ready
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    Options
    @chrispyfur hes our up north neighbor
    Randy/Maine
  • chrispyfur
    edited August 2023
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »

Some days I wonder.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options

Some guy.

That's what she said 🤣
  • chrispyfur
    Options
    @ken brydson you're quick on the draw, caught it before my edit!
  • F1nut
    Options

He's wearing an FBI hat, so...

President of Club Polk

• chrispyfur
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

At least it doesn't say ATF?
  • boston1450
    Options
    Glad to see you can take a joke chrispyfur
    Randy/Maine
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options

At least it doesn't say ATF?

Should say WTF...
  • chrispyfur
    Options
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Glad to see you can take a joke chrispyfur

At this point I'm just happy I haven't been shunned completely
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Interesting. Back to the original topic, I’d happily spend that extra on crossovers that are that significantly upgraded. High quality crossover components are not cheap. I’d love to get my ears on the R200AEs someday.
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • msg
    Options
    It's a cool job.
    pwyvc6fs60pv.png

I disabled signatures.