The Opus is waking up

Options
The Airtight opus is finally here and it’s waking up…

3ubis7pwxmvc.jpeg
1xkrj4ip3yfp.jpeg
g38o15x7gfbi.jpeg
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,538
    Options
    Finally… I’m getting there
    m2sqxwfawohp.jpeg
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Just from memory of carts I heard

Opus is #1
    Atlas is #2
    Koetsu Coralstone mono #3
    Etna is #4
    Ds Audio Master 3 is #4
    Koetsu Urushi stereo #5
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,791
    Options
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,900
    Options
    Joey, what are the lights from? At first I thought it was background lighting, but it looks like a leveling beam in other photos?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Joey, what are the lights from? At first I thought it was background lighting, but it looks like a leveling beam in other photos?

Laser

I am leveling it and checking for VTA on the fatboy gimbal

I had it a little too low when Jeff the dealer came, but I missed some of the air. Now it’s at near neutral vta

Then I had to adjust vtf a little
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,112
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Finally… I’m getting there

you ARE THERE! Enjoy the ride, bro . . .
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • msg
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »

Laser

I am leveling it and checking for VTA on the fatboy gimbal

I had it a little too low when Jeff the dealer came, but I missed some of the air. Now it’s at near neutral vta

Then I had to adjust vtf a little
    That's pretty cool, Joey. How's that set up? Is it phono-specific or just some construction type level?

I've also seen people mention use of laser pointers and levels for speakers as well, but last time I looked into this, I couldn't really find anything on how to actually do it.

I disabled signatures.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    I’ll take a pic of how I’m setting it up

It’s pretty cool. Self leveling laser.

Basically level out the tonearm while on the record so you can get the angle as close to 92 or whatever they say is ideal

Then adjust to taste
  • msg
    Options
    Yeah, definitely innerested to learn more about the laser you're using. I didn't even level my TT last time I moved my system stuff.

You're talking about VTA? I forget what I read about this. Something like squat the rear and you get more bass, or something?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,791
    Options
    Something like squat the rear and you get more bass, or something?

Why does everything have to be sexual with you?
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,068
    Options
    Adjusting VTA can tilt the frequency response a little. Tail down tilts highs down and lows up, and tail up tilts lows down and highs up, with a little more detail retrieval IME.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Yeah, definitely innerested to learn more about the laser you're using. I didn't even level my TT last time I moved my system stuff.

You're talking about VTA? I forget what I read about this. Something like squat the rear and you get more bass, or something?

Yes
    Exactly

Squat the rear you get more bass
    Tilt it up and you get more treble

I’m probably at 10 hours on the opus and it is more complete than the Etna which kinda boggles my mind
    I guess now I know what to shoot for with my streaming in the future