Dfwac meet 33: Rhapsody Dallas

Options
8/16,8/17,8/18/23
All spots taken
See you guys there
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    We were lucky to have been treated to 3 nights by Chris and Bob. The dedication those two men have to this hobby is truly next level. Chris doesn’t have to do any of this, but he chooses to because it’s one of his passions. Bob, I’m sure, would rather be sitting back listening to his Alsyvox at home than have to trek halfway across the USA just to land in what appears to be the surface of the sun (Dallas) to host three groups of guys over 3 evenings.

The two systems are spectacular to say the least. I have not heard or seen a dealer system to be so well curated that it boggles the mind. Each system had their allure and you could like one over the other and not be wrong.

The rooms were impressive. The lengths to which Chris went to build the 2 rooms is Herculean. From the isolation transformer to the room within a room, to the slab floor, to the special and inert walls. The acoustic panels were just a cherry on top.

I thank Chris for his time, I thank Bob for meeting us. My group was very appreciative of the three highly entertaining evenings, the open bar, the feast, the friendly accommodations… and my group thanks them for taking us for a spin around the proverbial F1 track of audiophilia.

Gear is nice, but what really matters are the people.

kdsofumsklat.jpeg
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound