Still Life on my SDA-1

Options
My painting studio is also my listening room. It’s watercolor- nothing too visceral or splattery. Anyway I’m always listening and staring at the duck lamp and chrome rhino on top of my left speaker so I staged a little scene and painted it. And here it is. If there’s any place that can appreciate the speaker element it’s you all. “Animals” 17x22” watercolor on paper

(You all helped me repair the frozen drivers and also recapping the crossovers so you’re invested in this, too!)d5c76vlg47j3.jpeg
0bu5ioabxl1v.jpeg

Comments

• plastic_avatar
    Options
    #1) That's like the Polk Folk version of dogs-playing-poker.

#2) That's just weird enough to deserve a clap and respectful nod.

#3) HOLY CROW! You're good o.O
    The Thrifty Setups in Mah House Big thrifty stereo in the basement w/ my custom SDA-1C (built with help from kind forum members) * Beautiful 1966 MCM GE console upgraded w/ Bluetooth, Dual turntable, and Paradigm speakers in family room * Swanky 1980 Realistic system and great TEAC eq with dancing colored lights in the living room * Ye Olde college stereo in the garage
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,839
    Options
    That's a watercolor!?! Damn you are good!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    Options
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,720
    Options
    You should add a real Polk badge to the artwork SDA's. Very nice work.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Astrl55
    Astrl55 Posts: 55
    Options
    reproducing chrome, using watercolors, is truly impressive
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,485
    Options
    That is CRAZY! at first glance I thought that was a photo, then a print. Opening in a new tab for full size view, you can see it's neither of those. Wow!
    I disabled signatures.
  • robosdad
    robosdad Posts: 48
    Options
    Thanks gang! Very proud of it and it’s fun to share it with the small slice of the population that would enjoy the bottom 1/4 of the image as much as the rest. Went back and forth on including the polkaudio badge but text can be so distracting. Plus don’t want to cheese off all the Klipsch folks (I like them both but like my SDA-1’s a bit more). Anyway, appreciate all the props. You can see more at robbielee-illustrator.com if you’re curious
  • ratpin
    ratpin Posts: 85
    Options
    Great talent!
    Polk: / SDA-CRS / SDA-1C / M-10B / M-7B / M-5 / M-5jr / RTA-11T / LSIM703 / LSIM704 / LSIM706 / RTI8 / CSI3 / CSI5 / RTI4 / RTI-A5 / CSI-A6 / RC80i / RC85i / RC6s / PSW300 / Atrium6 / Atrium4 / About a dozen pair of Atrium45 lol.
  • Jazzhead
    Jazzhead Posts: 525
    Options
    Excellent! You really captured the "cat gaze".
    Polk Audio first generation RTA-12s; 12 inch Polk Stands; DHS Speaker Service upgraded crossovers w/ Sonicap/Mills; the "westmassguy anti-lobing mod" (hyperdamped outer drivers/mirror imaged); tweeter anti-diffraction mod; Cardas binding posts; Neotech UPOCC internal wire; foam-lined inner driver baskets; xschop phase plugs; deleted fuses; Hurricane nuts; Sonic Barrier; Dynamat Xtreme
    Ayre K-5xeMP preamplifier
    Cambridge Audio 840C CD player; Herbie's Audio Lab Super Black Hole CD Mat
    D-Sonic Custom Audio M3a-600M monoblock amplifiers
    NAD 4155 FM/AM tuner
    Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference II Series II balanced interconnects; Virtue Audio single-ended interconnects
    Kimber 12TC speaker cable w/Furez connectors; VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables w/Furutech connectors
    Herbie's Audio Lab system isolation: Tenderfeet, Big Fat Dots, Grungebuster Dots, Little Fat Gliders
    Dedicated 20A/10 AWG circuit; Furutech GTX-D (G) outlet; Furutech eTP80; Shunyata Research Venom Defender; Synergistic Research Orange fuses
  • msg
    Options
    You should hang that painting, then take a photo of it.
    Hang the photo above the painting.
    Then take another photo.
    Have it a canvas print made the same size of the painting.
    Take away the painting to preserve it, and then hang the print.
    Inception.

I got too confused to figure out how deep it goes. I think just two levels, but you could keep going if you were so inclined. I couldn't manage it on a work day.
    I disabled signatures.
  • plastic_avatar
    Options
    Great googily chrome moogily:

https://www.robbielee-illustrator.com/watercolor-paintings.html

Bonus nerd reference on t-shirt page to a bizarre Doctor Who stunt.
    The Thrifty Setups in Mah House Big thrifty stereo in the basement w/ my custom SDA-1C (built with help from kind forum members) * Beautiful 1966 MCM GE console upgraded w/ Bluetooth, Dual turntable, and Paradigm speakers in family room * Swanky 1980 Realistic system and great TEAC eq with dancing colored lights in the living room * Ye Olde college stereo in the garage
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,089
    Options
    Excellent work!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • msg
    Options
    Wow!
    I disabled signatures.
  • robosdad
    robosdad Posts: 48
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    You should hang that painting, then take a photo of it.
    Hang the photo above the painting.
    Then take another photo.
    Have it a canvas print made the same size of the painting.
    Take away the painting to preserve it, and then hang the print.
    Inception.

I got too confused to figure out how deep it goes. I think just two levels, but you could keep going if you were so inclined. I couldn't manage it on a work day.

That’s right up my alley. Give me a few days and I’ll give it a try. Minimum two inceptions. :)

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    Options
    Do you do custom art commission?