Rear surrounds - wired or wireless?

Options
Upgrading my old Yamaha RX-V575. The passthru just won't cut it any longer. Leaning toward Denon AVR-X2800H but that would be another question. So I'm looking to add my rear surrounds. I have a wood floor that I'm going to have to get a floor box put in for power either way. I could also run speaker wire with it. If I do the speaker wire I could use my old Polk RTI-A3's as rear speakers and maybe get some new ES60's for the front. I already have a Polk center speaker. Should I go wired or the the whole bluetooth/HEOS thing?

Answers

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Wired. Use something like this to route your wiring.

ncbm70020bnn.png
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • HeatherG
    HeatherG Posts: 3
    Options
    Wire will come up through the floor boxes and only have a short run to the speaker under furniture.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,165
    Options
    That's good stuff right there from HD......I use some of that in my living room.........I dig it.
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,084
    Options
    Wired
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    Floor boxes are a terrible idea.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • HeatherG
    Options
    I don’t have another option. Open concept family room with the dining area behind me
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,947
    Options
    I prefer to be wired,

Too much Coffee will do that to a person.
  • RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    Options
    Toss it all in the trash and get a Sonos ARC, Chose your rears, and 2 sub mini.
    My favorite home surround system is now Sonos, its amazing and effortless.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma