SDA2 Issue

Options
Just bought a pair of SDA2 speakers and I can’t hear any sound from the rightmost tweeter (right speaker) and I believe the tweeters in these are part of the “dimensional” effect and so my question is,,are BOTH tweeters in each speaker supposed to be active? Is there an easy way to test this tweeter when it’s in the speaker or do I have to remove it from the cabinet to test it?

Thanks

Javaman

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,839
    Options
    Check the fuse first.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Javaman1685
    Options
    So,,upon further investigation I am noticing that there is much less sound coming from both “outside” tweeters on both left and right speakers. I can feel the cones vibrating on the inner tweeters but no vibrations on both outer tweeters when I touch them gingerly.
    Is this normal that one tweeter would be driven with SDA cable attached. Or driven with more power?

Thanks

Javaman
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,286
    Options
    Most people disconnect the sda tweeters.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,839
    Options
    SDA drivers/tweeters play at half the volume of the stereo drivers/tweeters.

As mentioned, most disconnect the SDA tweeters due to the phasey effect they impart.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk