Looking for a Passive Radiator SW155

Options
Hello,

I'm in need of a 15" passive radiator (sw155) for my 2.3TL. Only need one, but would pay for a pair. Anybody have one/a pair sitting around?

Or, any suitable replacements of the SW155?

Thanks for the time!

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    Your best bet is to create a search on ebay that will notify you. Many of us here have and I will tell you I've seen only one pair in 10+ years, they sold for a stupid amount of money.
    At this point you should search ANY of the 15" passive radiators and be happy with any of them, they are that rare on the used market.
    Hope this helps.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,929
    Options
    I have been sitting on a pair for 10yrs or better, I have wondered off and on if they worth keeping around any longer at this point.

What Ivan said above is on point, you just don't see them. The passives for the 3.1's are the same way..
  • knie0012
    knie0012 Posts: 47
    Options
    Makes sense. Unfortunately, I have done what you suggest and have not had any luck. I did stumble on a listing for a pair on reverb but I was 6 months late.

@Toolfan66, let me know if you ever decide to part ways ;)

I'll keep searching!
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 675
    Options
    I know that I have a pair of passive radiators in my basement, but I don't think they are 15's. If they are, you are welcome to them. They are from SDA 1A speakers.
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,929
    Options
    newbie308 wrote: »
    I know that I have a pair of passive radiators in my basement, but I don't think they are 15's. If they are, you are welcome to them. They are from SDA 1A speakers.

They will be 12's if they came out of 1A's
  • knie0012
    knie0012 Posts: 47
    Options
    Thanks for the offer, as mentioned, the 1A's are SW120. The SW155 are tough buggers to run down...
  • knie0012
    Options
    Hello, I don't know how the WTB section works, but I was able to track down two passive sw155s. This post can be "closed"!?

Thanks for the time.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options