I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Who's got a match?
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    See @bcwsrt? If you'd just pick a bedliner color and get it done, stuff like this wouldn't happen.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Why you goat sucking egg stealin Mortonite.......
    I mean this in the best possible way.....
    Shut up Scott!
    Say, Ivan - what is a Mortonite, anyway?

All I could find was this:
    57zkzostizy3.png

I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I'd probably have had it done by now, but I've been fighting with the (expletive) cowl piece that I had to remove to get to the wiper linkage. Took it off and put it back together 3 times now and it's still creaking and squeaking like hell! Guess that's what happens when you take stuff "off" after 30 years that's only meant to go "on."

Next week, hopefully! Black, though!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • msg
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Scrape some chunks of Dynamat together, wad them up, and jam some in there to immobilize it. Maybe some little balls underneath, and a little in between the joints at the fender and firewall?

I've been meaning to do this in some dash vents - little bits of Dynamat, without the backing. Had a break in years ago at work, and it was never the same after the repair work. Always creaking, especially in cooler weather.

Also, it helps if you don't end up with extra fasteners, you Mortonite.
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Yep! That is pretty much exactly what I'm gonna try next. I think I can get in there thru the vents without taking it off again and just wedge some "stuff" like that in there with my gun cleaning paraphernalia, or similar. I know the general vicinity where it's coming from, so that helps. Just don't want to go too nuts with it in case the Chinese bushings I used on the wiper linkage meet their ultimate demise again before I do and I end up having to take it apart again.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    See @bcwsrt? If you'd just pick a bedliner color and get it done, stuff like this wouldn't happen.

Yes it would.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • msg
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »

Yes it would.
    Because it's not a Jeep.
    ~ Rob, circa 2023
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    edited August 2023
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Why you goat sucking egg stealin Mortonite.......
    I mean this in the best possible way.....
    Shut up Scott!

57zkzostizy3.png

Haha!! I just saw this! Must've been too busy replying to your post above this one and missed it! I wanted to acknowledge it in case you thought that by not, I was one of the 50% stuck ups! 😂

Wednesday!

Brian

• msg
    Options
    doi, I know, 'cause I told you try it.
    Now
    do-it-come-on.gif
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    Yep! That is pretty much exactly what I'm gonna try next. I think I can get in there thru the vents without taking it off again and just wedge some "stuff" like that in there with my gun cleaning paraphernalia, or similar. I know the general vicinity where it's coming from, so that helps. Just don't want to go too nuts with it in case the Chinese bushings I used on the wiper linkage meet their ultimate demise again before I do and I end up having to take it apart again.

Is it done yet?
    do-it-come-on.gif
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Too late.
    Haha!! I just saw this! Must've been too busy replying to your post above this one and missed it! I wanted to acknowledge it in case you thought that by not, I was one of the 50% stuck ups! 😂
    57zkzostizy3.png
    :D>:)B)
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    doi, I know, 'cause I told you try it.
    Now
    do-it-come-on.gif

Is it done yet?
    do-it-come-on.gif

Don’t tell me what to do!

Brian

• msg
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Don’t tell me what to do!
    tony-soprano-junior-soprano.gifim-your-boss-jack-donaghy.gifim-the-boss-like-a-boss.gif
    wandavision-vision.gif
    but
    do-it-come-on.gif

I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Turned out awesome!

tsiq7f0qanpy.jpeg

d498ujz2y3hp.jpeg
    Brian

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,924
    Options
    Great choice, looks much better..
  • msg
    Options
    Nice - that turned out great. It's kinda neat you didn't go over the bed rails. I like it either way, but for this truck, it's a sweet detail ending the coating just below.
    I disabled signatures.
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 306
    Options
    That turned out really nice!