Mostly Preamp Tubes

Options
For sale are a few tubes mostly preamp tubes. The tester I used for these tubes test tubes at a lower percentage then most testers I have used in the past so they will likely be better then they show in any pictures. I have been out of the audio game for a while but recently came across these and thought I would give you guys and gals a shot at these. Most everyone who has been here for years will remember me and can vouch for my honesty.

In any case all tubes or anything else I sell comes with a your happy or your money back policy no questions asked or explanations needed, simply return what you bought and receive a full refund including shipping both ways.

Pictures of test results for any and all tubes upon request. These all test minimum good on my B&K Model 600 tube tester. Also please check the club house for a tube give away.

Shipping will be via USPS priority flat rate box small medium or large.

1. RCA 5751/12AX7 3 mica Black Plate Tubes-9- $25.00 each or $45.00 for a pair + shipping

2. IEC Mullard 12AX7A Tubes-2- $40.00 each or $70.00 for the pair + shipping

3. IEC Mullard 12AX7 tube-1-$40.00 + shipping

4. GE 5 star 3 mica 5751/12AX7 tubes-2-$20.00 Each or $35.00 + shipping for the pair

5. GE 12AX7 tube grey plates halo getter-1-$10.00 + shipping

6. Tung-Sol JTL 5751/12AX7 tubes grey plate halo getter-4- $20.00 each or $75.00 for the quad + shipping

7. GE 12AY7 D getter tubes-4-$20.00 each or $75.00 for the quad + shipping

8.Raytheon CK 5814A 3 Mica Tube Pair $30.00 + shipping

9.Raytheon CK 5751/12AX7 Tube-1-$25.00 + shipping

10.GE 12AX7 tube grey plates halo getter-$10.00

11.IEC Mullard 12AU7 Tube-1- $25.00 + shipping

12.RCA Clear Top 12AU7 Tube-1- $10.00 + shipping

13.RCA 5879 Tube Pair $50.00 + shipping

14.Mullard IEC 6L6GC Tube Pair halo getter-$100.00 + shipping

15. Raytheon 12AT7 WA 3 mica Tube-1-$10.00 + shipping

hmugnc0zxpha.jpg
4px9cx13f5qs.jpg
3b7fqpmq5c73.jpg
m9cyn8fteppa.jpg

Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D

Comments

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,522
    Options
    @kevhed72 Grab the 5751s quick! Your Joule will be happy.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,962
    Options
    Sir Ill take the 2 pairs of 5751s....
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    Could you post a picture of these Raytheons so I can see the tube structure?
    Raytheon CK 5814A 3 Mica Tube Pair $30.00 + shipping
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,329
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Sure will post them in a few.

Regards Snow

Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Interested in #2 Mullard 12AX7A pair … Can you share any history about these? Past testing or microphonics?
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • snow
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Ok here a few pics first the 5751 pair then the 12AU7 and the 12AT7 last.

ivu4i1gz9yfh.jpg
    6qk91knvfglg.jpg
    fxui2h1i74a3.jpg

• snow
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Interested in #2 Mullard 12AX7A pair … Can you share any history about these? Past testing or microphonics?

Not much history to re tell here are a few pics of the test results, these have not been listened to for microphonics they were pulled from an old Heathkit signal generator so likely seen little use and the test results reflect this they both tests as NOS tubes do on my tester they were both made in Backburn and have the same dates, and both tubes test very evenly on both sides and between tubes, of course if you get these and want to return then for microphonics or any other reason I will happily do so.

s9itcajcfq5h.jpg
    2ks4plxjq4oc.jpg
    ry1qe8ac8qlo.jpg
    u3nsasjpcclc.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    edited July 2023
    Options
  • snow
    Options
    Sorry I mistyped that the first picture is of a 5814A/12AU7 pair the second pic is a single 5651/12AX7 tube the third is a 12AT7 tube.

Regards Snow
  • GlennDog
    Options
    snow wrote: »

Not much history to re tell here are a few pics of the test results, these have not been listened to for microphonics they were pulled from an old Heathkit signal generator so likely seen little use and the test results reflect this they both tests as NOS tubes do on my tester they were both made in Backburn and have the same dates, and both tubes test very evenly on both sides and between tubes, of course if you get these and want to return then for microphonics or any other reason I will happily do so.

Now I'm very interested in ^^^ . . .

Any info you can provide on the
    #4. GE 5 star 3 mica 5751/12AX7 tubes-2-$20.00 Each or $35.00 + shipping for the pair
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • snow
    Options

#4. GE 5 star 3 mica 5751/12AX7 tubes-2-$20.00 Each or $35.00 + shipping for the pair

Not much to tell here. For some reason I can only locate one of them no idea where the second tube is I remember testing both of them one had one of the stars wiped but the other tube had all 5 anyways here are a few pics of the tube I can find and test pictures.

1fsrny1e9gza.jpg
    9xwrie85mqgi.jpg
    ivg9u29zsebw.jpg
  • snow
    Options
    I did find two more RCA 5751/12AX7 tubes these are Command labeled with halo getters they both test above minimum good $20.00 each or $35.00 for the pair + shipping here are a few pics

hp2eev8jy8ip.jpg
    tq09p67y4ayw.jpg
    dsl5yl7axesx.jpg
    nzn92g6j3b24.jpg
    uirxifrslm33.jpg
  • JuanR
    JuanR Posts: 718
    Options
    I'll take these:
    - two more RCA 5751/12AX7 tubes these are Command labeled

Thanks

Juan
  • JuanR
    JuanR Posts: 718
    Options
    Snow,
    sent you a PM with request for some of your other RCA 5751 tubes as well.

Thanks
    Juan
  • snow
    Options
    Thanks Juan your tubes have been set aside.
  • snow
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Updated list all RCA 5751 tubes are spoken for the Tung-Sol 5751 quad is sold.

1. RCA 5751/12AX7 3 mica Black Plate Tubes-9- $25.00 each or $45.00 for a pair + shipping- SOLD

2. IEC Mullard 12AX7A Tubes-2- $40.00 each or $70.00 for the pair + shipping

3. IEC Mullard 12AX7 tube-1-$40.00 + shipping

4. GE 5 star 3 mica 5751/12AX7 tube-1-$20.00 + shipping

5. GE 12AX7 tube grey plates halo getter-1-$10.00 + shipping

6. Tung-Sol JTL 5751/12AX7 tubes grey plate halo getter-4- $20.00 each or $75.00 for the quad + shipping-SOLD

7. GE 12AY7 D getter tubes-4-$20.00 each or $75.00 for the quad + shipping

8.Raytheon CK 5814A 3 Mica Tube Pair $30.00 + shipping

9.Raytheon CK 5751/12AX7 Tube-1-$25.00 + shipping

10.GE 12AX7 tube grey plates halo getter-$10.00

11.IEC Mullard 12AU7 Tube-1- $25.00 + shipping

12.RCA Clear Top 12AU7 Tube-1- $10.00 + shipping

13.RCA 5879 Tube Pair $50.00 + shipping

• snow
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Sir Ill take the 2 pairs of 5751s....

Two pairs of the RCA 5751tubes have been set aside for you.

Regards Snow
  • GlennDog
    Options

Not much to tell here. For some reason I can only locate one of them no idea where the second tube is I remember testing both of them one had one of the stars wiped but the other tube had all 5 anyways here are a few pics of the tube I can find and test pictures.

Did you locate the other tube?
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • snow
    Options

Did you locate the other tube?

No it has vanished.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Did you check your sofa?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • snow
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Did you check your sofa?

No because I was not near the sofa while testing or taking pictures.
  • GlennDog
    Options
    I'll take the Mullards After your generous karma drawing, bc the Mullards and karma can be shipped together to my crib

Feeling lucky!
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    Options
    Snow I will take #11 and #12 being the IEC Mullard 12AU7 off your hands, along with the RCA Clear Top 12AU7 Thanks
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • snow
    Options
    I'll take the Mullards After your generous karma drawing, bc the Mullards and karma can be shipped together to my crib

Feeling lucky!

You may get lucky and win the Karma but sorry the Mullard pair have sold, I do have a Mullard single 12AX7 that you can buy if you wish. It was made in the Blackburn factory in 1961 and tests as strong as any NOS 12AX7 does on this tester most NOS tubes test between 80-90% this one tests at the high end of the scale in both sections.

aq7a68nbdq0d.jpg
    srxgiqar72gj.jpg
    5vss9sn4rqyx.jpg

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • snow
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Snow I will take #11 and #12 being the IEC Mullard 12AU7 off your hands, along with the RCA Clear Top 12AU7 Thanks
    Sure sent you a message, if you want I will send you 2 more Mullard 12AU7's no cost they test low on my tester but they still sound very good so may last a while if you wish, a lot of low testing tubes will still play for years.

Regards Snow

si31vdt87zt2.jpg
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    Options
    Dan payment sent thanks
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • snow
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Dan payment sent thanks
    Thank you I need your shipping address please, also do you want the two free Mullards?

• snow
    edited July 2023
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »

Yes he missed them by minutes, I feel bad about not reserving them for him but I was not sure he was going to buy them, if someone states they will take a tube/s I will wait for payment for a few days but if they say they are interested and don't commit I cant hold them, its not fair to another member that wants them, many times I have held something for someone and they later decide they don't want them
    Post edited by snow on
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,962
    Options