Movie - The Sound of Freedom

Options
treitz3
treitz3 Posts: 18,345
edited July 2023 in Music & Movies
machone wrote: »
Sound of freedom should required viewing for everyone. Saw it yesterday. This probably needs a thread of it's own.

Your wish is my command, my friend. Done.

This thread is for discussion about this movie. I personally did not know about it (been vacationing this past month) but the discussion came up in the IJatDoD thread. So far, it seems like a widely popular movie. Is it a must see right NOW? Great movie to see with the family? Okay movie to pass the time when bored or is is one that you should wait and watch it when it is free on one of the streaming channels?

Please note - If you are going to spoil the movie in your posts, please put a disclaimer at the top of the post, so it doesn't ruin the movie those who haven't watched it yet. Thanks.

https://youtu.be/Rt0kp4VW1cI

Tom
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    Angel Studios are the folks doing The Chosen (which is crowd-funded, and pretty good actually).
    I've been impressed by their candor (for lack of a better word).

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options
    This movie hurt my soul. Literally a real horror movie. Not a bunch of fictitious spooks but real human beings.
    Why go? Because everyone should know what is going on in the slimy underbelly of human affairs.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options
    And no, it is not for children.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,005
    Options
    Oh wow, the trailer got me.
    Will be checking this one out, tanks.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Time to go check it out!
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    Expose it all! 800,000 children a year disappear. And that's only in the U.S. alone. Difficult truths.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »
    Expose it all! 800,000 children a year disappear. And that's only in the U.S. alone. Difficult truths.

Begs the question . . . where are all these Sick Phux and how do we dispose of them?
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    Options
    Hollywood
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    edited July 2023
    Options
    The actual numbers are closer to 350,000 children annually that go missing, and 97 percent are found… that said, even ONE is too many.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    Options
    Haven't seen it yet, but, I did read in the news that one of the financial backers got busted for child ****.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Ron-P wrote: »
    Haven't seen it yet, but, I did read in the news that one of the financial backers got busted for child ****.

Take it slo my Kokomo! That’s a sneer/smeer game taking aim against the movie ! The so called financial backer is nothing more than a Internet hog crowfunder! Someone who begs for OPM online and more than likely keeps a good percentage of the donations to himself, but oh yeah, there’s your financial backer!

Carry-on
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    Options

Take it slo my Kokomo! That’s a sneer/smeer game taking aim against the movie ! The so called financial backer is nothing more than a Internet hog crowfunder! Someone who begs for OPM online and more than likely keeps a good percentage of the donations to himself, but oh yeah, there’s your financial backer!

Carry-on

My bad, it was being an accessory to child kidnapping. I just looked it up. Fabian Marta is the person, one of several who helped fund the film. He was charged on July 21st. It was in a USA Today article.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • tophatjohnny
    Options

Carry-on

My bad, it was being an accessory to child kidnapping. I just looked it up. Fabian Marta is the person, one of several who helped fund the film. He was charged on July 21st. It was in a USA Today article.

Again Fabian is nothing more than a Crowdfunding loser ! Who care ! The movie was and is a huge success and would have been exactly as it is with or without the Crowfunders ! He’s not even remotely relevant unless you have smeer intent and I’ve already debunked the said loser !

Carry on
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,345
    Options
    We finally got around to watching this last month. Bad subject. Good movie. Some people are just sick.

I found it interesting that it was true and that the inspiration came from his wife.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    An excellent eye opening movie!
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    It recently became available to stream for free to Amazon Prime members. I'll probably watch it in the next couple weeks when I have a couple hours available.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,879
    Options
    We saw it in the theater, I believe it's now available on Prime or Netflix. A very good disgusting movie. Along the lines of Epstein and his "friends".