Polk Audio Monitor 7's?

I believe these are Polk Monitor 7's but the seller doesn't have that info in the description.

1. Can anybody tell me what tweeters these are and how they compare to the Peerless?
2. Can I replace these with a Peerless tweeter?
Thanks in advance

bfcif7drcy0u.jpg
qcun32jqqabb.jpg

Comments

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 5,000
    edited June 2023
    Look like 5B's with adhock PR's.
    They'll require the RD0's or Wuhan silk dome swap.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,842
    Must've been kept in some super-humid conditions. I used my 10s as garage speakers for a number of years after I got my 15s, but the hardware never rusted like that. Hopefully, you can hear them before you buy.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • MDN
    MDN Posts: 16
    xschop, thanks for the info. What is a PR? I have a pair of 5's, and mine look different as the woofer and driver touch/slightly overlap. That's why I thought they might be 7's.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,312
    Those do not look like original passive radiators(PR). The peerless has a different tweeter cut out than the SL2000 that would inhibit the peerless use.
    The 5 used 8" pr, the 7 used a 10"pr.

Some of the screws did rust like that even here in the midwest humidity.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,415
    Hard pass!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Livinloud
    Livinloud Posts: 43
    F1nut wrote: »
    Hard pass!

Agree! Though I would take them if they were free.

The tweeter upgrade (rdo194) adds $100 cost but I would be more worried about the moisture that caused the rust. That wasn’t good for the rest of the speaker either.