Bluetooth Streamer

Options
Keiko
Keiko Posts: 764
edited June 2023 in The Clubhouse
I made a comment about this in the post a pic thread and now that I've spent some time with it, I've really been enjoying the capabilities of this little box. I bought it as a solution because Synology in their infinite wisdom decided to stop their support of WiFi Dongles which is what I had been doing to stream audio via my NAS to my Cambridge Audio 752BD's DAC.

I can still stream via the WiFi built-in to the NAS, but when I used a dongle, I was able to playback all my files in random order. When they shut down the dongle, I lost this playback option and was limited to streaming albums and playlists only. This little bluetooth receiver gave me back the file shuffle option plus more using my Galaxy Tab 8.

Even though I rarely use them, I now have the ability to stream amazon music, spotify, pandora, etc. Streaming via bt has come a long way from what I understand. I use the LDAC codec built-in to this and can stream audio at 96k 32bit. It is a downgrade from the 192k WiFi I was using before, but I really can't tell the difference between 96k vs 192k. Using a lesser codec such as AptX, AAC or SBC, the difference is very notable.

So, if ya want to stream audio on the cheap, check out one of these bluetooth receivers. There are a ton of them on the market, some costing more than others. I got $14.00 off on this with a promo coupon and for just under $60.00, I added bt to my audio system with all the bells & whistles and ability to stream via apps and internet radio.

Keiko's happy again. B)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B5X52XPZ/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

hb4lce1kvbhp.jpg