Anyone monitoring the Homestead with Simplisafe?

Options
gudnoyez
gudnoyez Posts: 8,078
edited June 2023 in The Clubhouse
The insurance company offered a discount on the property insurance with a simplisafe system they had a 70% off a 10 piece system offer you buy it hook it up and simplisafe sends them a certificate and you get 25% of the insurance premium.

The first two months of monitoring are free then its $29.99 a month afterwards. The package is indoor stuff which I was not really interested in as we are well prepared for an unlucky intruder.

I added 2 outdoor cameras and one of the doorbell ones as we have been wanting to monitor the Garage and the yard. So the special was for a simplisafe only so no choice on any other. I was just wondering if these systems are any good for what they cost and if anyone owns one and is satisfied with the monitoring they provide
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• smartie_panta
    Options
    I'm curious to hear what people have to say as well. I think we need to change our system (ADT). A couple false alarms lately, including one where a fire engine inadvertently came to our house.
  • bem
    bem Posts: 102
    Options
    I've had a Simplisafe system for over 2 years. System has over 10 window /door sensors, 4 motion sensors, 3 water sensors, as well as an external camera and door bell. I've never had a false alarm.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,730
    Options
    I prefer the SimpliGlock system. ;)
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • gudnoyez
    edited June 2023
    Options
    :o
    bem wrote: »
    I've had a Simplisafe system for over 2 years. System has over 10 window /door sensors, 4 motion sensors, 3 water sensors, as well as an external camera and door bell. I've never had a false alarm.

Do you monitor the system yourself or do you pay the $29.99 for them to do it. It sounds like your a satisfied customer. We have ADT at another house and it isnt reliable several false alarms and prices keep going up. If I have as much luck as you with yours we will switch the other house over.
    xschop wrote: »
    I prefer the SimpliGlock system. ;)

Yep as you say tru and reliable so is the Simpli357 and the Simpli44mag the outside cameras are at least there for thier safety to see them approaching and warn them of the perils of what awaits inside. Have been reading some good reviews on the Simplisafe systems and just wondering what others that have them think of them. I'm soon to find out got the shipping notice today.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• gudnoyez
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Well off to a not so great start get email this morning saying package was shipped however to the wrong address, the address was wrong on the account. I had them change that I told them hate to have you dispatch someone to the wrong address.

I was told no worries, I said great now how about that package can you contact your shipper and have them correct the address? I was put on hold for 15 minutes to be told they cant change the address on thier end then gave me the tracking# to call myself.

I call fed ex gave them the tracking# and they told me I'm not allowed to change the address only the shipper can. I called them back they said they will have to ship out a new package. A cluster f..k already, strike 1 will see where it goes from here :/
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• bem
    bem Posts: 102
    Options

I pay 27.99/month to have them monitor it plus it was worth it to me since I’m using 2 cameras and have water sensors. I actually had an event concerning my water sensors which saved me some grief. Best time to build your system is to wait until they offer big discounts like 20 or 25% off list prices. Never pay list on any of their sensors.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,637
    edited June 2023
    Options
    They most certainly can change the address while in route....wow!
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    They most certainly can change the address while in route....wow!

They could barely speak english must of been the weekend crew, when I ordered it on a weekday last week they were proficient in the language. My luck I will end up with 2 packages.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,630
    Options
    May want to check into Wyze products if you get disgusted with Simplisafe. I just have some of their cameras covering the entry and interior points I’m concerned about and let my friends Ruger and Glock handle the rest, but they do also have a monitoring service.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM