Anyone else get the email to join Slack and help Polk shape the future?

Options
Dabutcher
Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
edited May 2023 in The Clubhouse
Hello Polk Enthusiasts!

Thank you very much for your patience. We are now ready to launch our Polk Slack Future Think Tank Online Community where we invite you to participate and share your insights and experiences with us. We will be asking a series of questions over the next 1-2 months and your feedback will help to impact future product innovation, design, and development of Polk’s products. The commitment on your side would be that you are engaged and contribute to the discussions and answer the questions each time one is asked. It’s primarily an opinion led project and something that can easily be done alongside your job or studies.

Our goal is to better understand and gain insights to improve Polk’s products to meet your future needs. More specifically, we’re also keen to understand your opinions relating to music, sound, and audio related topics.

We will be offering a 50% discount on Polk products as compensation for answering all of the questions. We’ll be sending you that link at the conclusion of the project.

Please see the link below to join the Slack Community. We’ll be posting our first question in the next couple of days so would encourage you to please get signed on to the Slack channel at your earliest convenience. We’ve got lots to talk about!

We will be writing our research reports as responses come in so it’s important that you respond within 2-3 days of our posting a question. Certainly, there’s some wiggle room, but ideally we’d like to see responses within that time frame.

Looking forward to getting to know you and all the insightful and interesting conversations we’ll have together over the next few months.

Very best from the Mole in a Minute Team,
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,523
    Options
    Not Slack, but I got this one welcoming me to The Atrium. Is it part of the same program? I hope so. I didn't sign up for The Atrium, and I could really use a win right now.

WELCOME TO THE ATRIUM
    Polk Atrium SAT300 speakers will fill your patio space with great, high-fidelity sound.

Better Speakers. Better Gatherings.

Memorial Day is coming up and summer barbecues are right around the corner. The best way to make those special gatherings more fun is to add outdoor speakers like the Atrium SAT300 speakers—which can be either hung from the ceiling or planted in the ground. It’s high-fidelity listening, but outside.
    I disabled signatures.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,197
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Yup I got the invitation too. Should be interesting

2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,105
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Invitation-free here. :blush:
    It's like being in Jr. High all over again :#

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,197
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

It’s all right, I’ll come and sit with you at lunch!

2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,137
    edited May 2023
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

It’s all right, I’ll come and steal your lunch money, cupcake!

Fixed.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,136
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,137
    Options
    I am not going to confirm or deny anything at this time.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • MLK
    MLK Posts: 15
    Options
    New kid at school here, way to join?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Does that make you guys Slack(ers)??
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • JCL
    JCL Posts: 115
    Options
    Got the same email as the OP.

John
    L600 (front), R200 (rear), R200 (rear surround), L400 (center), Sunfire HRS-10 (2)Marantz AV7706Sunfire Cinema Grand, Marantz M8077, Music Hall Stealth, Ortofon bronze cartridge, Parasound Zphono XRM, Sony UBP-X800
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,637
    Options
    MLK wrote: »

Just be a contributing member and things will eventually come your way. If you just want cheap discounts and poof you're gone, that is not what this is all about. This forum is like a family here. We have get togethers and travel many miles to go to others members houses to partake in good times.

Welcome aboard.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,317
    Options
    I got the email. Still waiting on them to start asking questions.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • MLK
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    MLK wrote: »

Just be a contributing member and things will eventually come your way. If you just want cheap discounts and poof you're gone, that is not what this is all about. This forum is like a family here. We have get togethers and travel many miles to go to others members houses to partake in good times.

Welcome aboard.

I get it. I'll speak up more as the new kid. I have been involved with Audio for 40 years, including selling it in my 20's in Los Angeles.

Also, I live in Seattle. Do the Polk events that you mention where chat members participate ever make it to the Pacific Northwest? It would be good to hear the Polk Legends first-hand somewhere nearby if possible.

Lastly, anyone from here belong to Seattle based meetups for Polk or Home Audio?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,637
    Options
    There are or were several in the northwest.
    @zingo
    @ken brydson
    @audioluvr
    Just a few I know off hand
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,660
    Options
    There's a few more. We've had a couple get togethers but nothing for the last few years.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,426
    Options
    Time to get the gettin' on again!!!

The East Coast has them going on in spades...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,633
    Options
    @MLK You going to Pacific Audio Fest in June?
  • MLK
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    @MLK You going to Pacific Audio Fest in June?

I'm considering it. Doesn't look like Polk Audio will be there... bummer (when I looked at the site).

I saw the posting in the GATHERINGS & SPECIAL EVENTS section from @mak99. If I do decide to go, I'll post there to let others know.