Vintage Rta-12 Speakers For Sale!!!

Options
Randy Singer
Randy Singer Posts: 1
edited June 2004 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I must sell my beautiful rta12 speakers as I am moving. These are beautiful wood speakers with the tweeter on the top. The tweeter has the two gorgeous "transformers/coils" on the top. The highs are pristine and the bottom is full and low. The only drawback is the black cover for the tweeter is missing (which to me is a plus, because the tweeters look too good to cover up!!) and one of the small midrange speakers may need replacing. They sound great as they are now. These are great speakers, great for anyone with an ear and an eye for music. These sold for 800 new. Make an offer. I live in Miami, fl
Feel free to call at 954-929-7733 Email me for photos. randy@randysinger.com I WOULD NOT BE SELLING THESE SPEAKERS IF I WAS NOT MOVING!!

thank you.
Post edited by Randy Singer on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,922
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Please post how much you want for the speakers, it's how we do it here.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited June 2004
    Options
    from the looks of it he has them listed on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=71571&item=5706091708&rd=1

BIN 500 Duckets! :rolleyes: Randy whats the reserve on those puppies?

Good Luck! Anyone got the resale value??
    Life without music would
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2004
    Options
    My friend turned down a pair of these for $175 at Goodwill. Maybe he should have given it a little more thought??
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,922
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Depending on the version, $95.00 to $240.00.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited June 2004
    Options
    I would have picked them up for $175....beings there's wiggle room anyhow.

Fredneck Max?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2004
    Options
    They sold pretty quickly. About 3 days. That is what started making me wonder what they were really worth.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • mel_jr.
    mel_jr. Posts: 3
    edited June 2004
    Options
    I have a pair i bought locally for 2 bills and there look like new. and sound the same. love them alot.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited June 2004
    Options
    i got mine for 100.00 because no one bid in them on ebay, the cabs were a little rough, but not nearly as bad as the seller described. sound pristine and as i have said before, the best 100.00 i ever spent on audio equipment. i would say in good shape, anything below 200.00 is a no brainer. i probably wouldnt go above 250.00, but i might be saying this because i allready have a pair.

just my .02
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites