Plate Amp Binding Post Wire

Options
Recently got the amps repaired for my RT3000p’s. I changed the binding posts so can’t use the ring terminals that was originally used. Will need to cut them off and then will need to use a new small piece of wire. What kind of wire should be used for this. Since it’s to the binding posts can speaker wire be used or would chassis wire be better since it goes to the board?

rb0s8jwy49v2.jpeg

Comments

• ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options
    @Polk_Denon Who repaired your plate amps? Do you know what the problems were? What were the symptoms you experienced from both?

If you can answer all 3 that would be great. I need to repair my plate amps and really and still trying to figure it out.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,030
    Options
    Any decent speaker wire will do
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    edited May 2023
    Options
    You may be able to remove the plastic collar and using small needle nosed pliers or an awl to lift the crimped wings on the ring terminals to remove them. I've used all three of these tools to do the same
    Needle nosed pliers
    Awl
    Diagonal cutters
  • Polk_Denon
    Polk_Denon Posts: 27
    Options
    ChrisD06 wrote: »
    @Polk_Denon Who repaired your plate amps? Do you know what the problems were? What were the symptoms you experienced from both?

If you can answer all 3 that would be great. I need to repair my plate amps and really and still trying to figure it out.
    ChrisD06 wrote: »

The guy on ebay that does them. I checked a few places local here and nobody would even look at them. The one was making a loud buzzing/hum type noise when turned on. I sent it and had it back within a week. Bunch of stuff on the board was replaced. My board also had the option of adding 2 more of the large filter caps so I had 4 new ones put in (was extra fee for this)